Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is old news but...

I called LG Motorsports to see if they now sold their headers with all 4 bung holes for the O2 sensors. They said that they do now come with the holes for all 4 sensors. They also told me that the headers with cats are on sale for $1695 ($1895 normally). They also said that they come with a new higher flowing cat that LG makes instead of the Random Cat.

I ordered mine today. Should be here in 4 days! :cheers:

- Charley

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted on the Corvette Forum by LG Motorsports:

"Hey guys, just wanted to tell you about the new version of LG Headers. We now have another cat manufacturer making metal catalytic converters for us. The cats have the same cell count as the Random Techs and are making right at the same power. The only major difference is that the body is not fully polished, which translates to less expense, so we are transferring the savings on to you. Give us a call if we can help you out."

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Now that's alot better. If they had been that price to begin with and had the 4 bungs, I probably wouldn't have went with the SuperMaxx's.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Madvetter said:
Is that sale just the headers with cats :-? That would really be a sweet price without them :yeadog:
I would guess that the non-cat version is still $1495 since this new price appears to be due to the cat change, but I don't know that for a fact.

- Charley

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
A&A just put a set on my car. Didn't know about the cats. Thanks

Zrod

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can anyone from LG comment on the catless system being on sale as well?

Thanks, Noel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered my system (with cats) on Tuesday. They should be at my shop on Friday. I'm doing a dyno run directly after to compare to my last dyno 2 weeks ago. 349hp 337tq

My car is completely stock down to the paper air filter. Just have a zip tie mod until I decide on which intake to go with.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
mini said:
I just ordered my system (with cats) on Tuesday. They should be at my shop on Friday. I'm doing a dyno run directly after to compare to my last dyno 2 weeks ago. 349hp 337tq

My car is completely stock down to the paper air filter. Just have a zip tie mod until I decide on which intake to go with.
I've got a Halltech Carbon Fiber unit in mint condition if you deceide on this unit.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Clamped the wires

I just got my headers installed this weekend. I am very happy with them. If you get the version with the 4 O2 sensor holes, the instructions say to cut a 2" hole in the metal plate above the x-pipe where the rear O2s are. We tried to do that but it was a pain in the rear so we decided to use the rubber coated metal clamps (adel clamps) from home depot to hold the sensor wires to the metal plate. You just pull a screw out of the metal plate, put the wire in the clamp and put the screw through the clamp. This seems like a better solution because you don't have to cut a hole and the wires are kept securely away from the headers.

Here is a thread with the clamp instructions:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68504

- Charley

·
10,998 Posts
3Pedal_Z06 said:
That sounds like a good deal. I didn't know LG was making their own cat now.
They may or may not in actuality. Their headers have actually been manufactured by Borla for LG using LG's design. So they probably have subcontracted their cat desing out also since that is speciality manufactuing item. Either way I have been very happy with my LG LT headers with minor exceptions. They definitely make my Borla stingers roar :D :yeadog::thumb:

One other item from my lessons learned department. Be very careful on the routing of your starter wires around the area where they are close to the headers. Tuck them behind the starter and away from the headers. GM does not give you alot of slack on the starter cables. Get them close to the header and they will melt and sort out (very bad). Consider getting a ThermoTec thermal blanket to protect your starter and solenoid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts