Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi GUys,

Excuse the quality. We are getting more band width soon but for now here is the St Pete GP incar video from my C6 Race car through the streets of St Pete. We finished 3rd.

It is like driving 140mph through a construction zone! We really didn't have anything for the first two cars, a Viper and a GT3 Porsche. We have to run a 67.9mm restrictor plate and we must weigh 3000 pounds (3200 with fuel) There were 5 full course yellows. We got some very good starts. Especially the standing start where we passed both Cadillacs CTSv factory cars and a couple of vipers.

After the race, the race officials took my cylinder heads away and checked them out. They just told me yesterday that they were legal. Then they changed a rule so we now have to change our heads. That's racing.

Enjoy

Lou G

VIDEO LINK:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~jhester/lg/page2/page2.html

·
Registered
327 Posts
Great video Lou. I hope you continue this for future races. :coo:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Impressive.

Looks like a shorter track with only one longer straight and a few shorter sections. Very impressed how under braking you were able to pick back up on the leaders. I can see that it would be very hard to pass on that track, unless you got a great drive out of one of those corners before the long straight.

Excellent race.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
That was awesome!!!

Can't wait to you run at a big track.
:thumb:

You have got to do this everytime!!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great Vid :jammin:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Awesome indeed! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys,

We plan on doing the incar video every race. It is harder to get the video working right than it is to get the car working right!

We follow their rules always. Sometimes the rules say something other than they meant so we use their words to our advantage. They just change the rules after we find the loophole.

So we will have new heads for Atlanta and we plan on letting the SCCA check them out prior to installing them so there is no question.

LG

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
Thanks guys,

We plan on doing the incar video every race. It is harder to get the video working right than it is to get the car working right!

We follow their rules always. Sometimes the rules say something other than they meant so we use their words to our advantage. They just change the rules after we find the loophole.

So we will have new heads for Atlanta and we plan on letting the SCCA check them out prior to installing them so there is no question.

LG
If you "had nothing" for the top two cars, the Viper and the GT3, then I hope they were checking out their cars. I do think racing santionaing bodies should be forced to live with rules for the entire season, not change-as-you-go. If at the end of the year they need to fiddle, then do so, but changing on the fly is almost never fair. If someone finds a loophole, then let them enjoy the fruits of their labor....

Congrats on the 3rd place finish. We hope to see you at Road Atl next week.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It was sweet seeing the car race in person. I didn't know that was you guys at the time, but I though that vette was the sweetest sounding and fastest of them all. The CTSv's looked very fast, I'm impressed you ended up beating them. Congrats!!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
That is one of the best videos ive seen :D

1- What sort of power are you making? GT3? Viper?
2- What tires are you using? GT3? Viper?
3- Are you basically allowed to do H/C or wat?
4- Do you think if you had a C6Z06 you would have dusted them with your 427?

If you prefer to pm me the answers its alright.

Check this site out. the cam setup they have in that Z06 is one of the best
http://www.pfyc.com/Z06/

I wish you all the best and i hope you finish even better next time!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Great driving, Lou! Looks like you have it running pretty smooth....glad the heads are working out so you can be on the podium. :cheers: Good luck during the season, and here's to a 4th World Championship! :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2002Z06Yellow said:
That is one of the best videos ive seen :D

1- What sort of power are you making? GT3? Viper?
2- What tires are you using? GT3? Viper?
3- Are you basically allowed to do H/C or wat?
4- Do you think if you had a C6Z06 you would have dusted them with your 427?
1. We are restricted to about 520 hp. GT3 is about 485, and the Viper is about 580 ( don't ask me why)

2. We use 335 rear on 12" wide and 275 front on 10.5wide.

3. All GM cars must use the GM performance parts head and the GM Grand am cam with 12:1 compression. NO combustion chamber or port work.
4. If we had the C6 Z06 engine we would be equal with the Viper and probably beat them. But for now our 366 cu in vs the Viper 508cu in is lacking in torque.

Stay tuned.

TV coverage this Sunday at 2pm Eastern time on Speed Channel.

THanks
Lou G

PS thanks Bob.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts