Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LG header system with cat delete will be here soon. I was wondering if it is really necessary to tune the car after the headers are put on. I am doin the install myself. Anyone else with these on without and tuning. How does the car run afterwards.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I would spend the money and get the tune...If you change the thermostat and put on a fan controller, and put a cags on it, you are half way to the cost of a tune....With an LS1 edit and tune you can do all of these things and spend less than twice as much as you would normally and maximize your power...Check my numbers out at left...By the way, where is Pimpville?

Greg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Actually it will run pretty good. More than likely it will be rich. I strongly recommend a Dyno tune to get the last 10 or 15 HP out it. :z:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
IT L GO said:
Actually it will run pretty good. More than likely it will be rich. I strongly recommend a Dyno tune to get the last 10 or 15 HP out it. :z:
Yep, if you have not already you might want to change the air intake filter system before getting a tune, and maximize the benefit of tuning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I already got the twin cone air filter with polished tubing. I got a guy local that will tune the car but dunno how good he is with ls1 edit yet. I guess I will see. Also pimpville=columbus ohio.. :zboobie:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:zboobie: Pimpville = Franklin County Jail if you do that in Columbus.

Tuning will give you full benefit of the header/intake install. You might want to do a before and after on the rollers to see how much the headers are worth.

D.J.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ZO-SICK said:
My LG header system with cat delete will be here soon. I was wondering if it is really necessary to tune the car after the headers are put on. I am doin the install myself. Anyone else with these on without and tuning. How does the car run afterwards.
IMO you should tune it afterwards!! Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I would sug. you get a tune also.

Darwin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts