Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, my LG Longtubes finally arrived..:yeadog: Before I install them I'd like to put the bung in for my Wideband O2 sensor. Can anybody tell me exactly where to put the O2 bung? The last thing I need is to install the bung only to find out the Wideband sensor is bumping up against another component preventing the header from being installed.....Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Call Lou, he would have put it in before he shipped them, if would have asked. He will still do it if you ship just the Y pipe back. :cheers:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT L GO,

Actually, I did call LG and asked them to put in an additional bung for a wideband but something doesn't make sense. I was told by LG that all long tubes currently shipping are doing so with 4 O2 bungs to accommodate the rear O2 sensors in lieu of O2 sims (for those ordering with Random cats). If so, I must be missing something as there are two O2 bungs in the collectors (front O2 sensors) and 2 bungs located in the X-pipe. In reviewing the install instructions at LS1howto.com, the random cats are installed after the X-pipe. If that is the case, shouldn't the rear O2 bungs be located downstream of the cats and not in the X-pipe? I'm far from an expert but I was always led to believe that the rear O2's are there to evaluate the effectiveness of the cats and; therefore, should be located after the cats...Or am I wrong and the cats should be installed between the collectors and the X-pipe. I'm somewhat confused here.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Not sure since Lou went to the 4 bung system. I know for max HP the X-pipe goes ahead of the Cats. (old 2 bung setup). I also know that you can also put the cats on first and then the X-pipe (old 2 bung setup).
I agree with you that you need to have 2 sensors in front of the cats and 2 after the cats. Let us know how you make out. :cheers:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke to Lou today and must first say that he is truly a pleasure to deal with. That said, he stated that in order to use the rear O2 sensors, the X-pipe should be downstream of the cats (Collectors-->Cats-->Xpipe). The only caveat being that this will result in a slight loss of performance. Since max performance is what I'm looking for I'm going to go with the cats downstream of the X-pipe instead and edit out the rear O2's. The plus side to this is I can now use one of the bungs on the X-pipe for a wideband. :)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Thanks, I agree Lou is top notch :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts