Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this combo? I think I remember in some old thread where there needed to be some custom modification to one of these in order to get them to mount up correctly. Is this true? I have the mod bug, but it only hits me one piece at a time. I want to do either the LG's or Ti's next, but will eventually do both. Does anyone run this combo, or have comments about it? Pics?

Thanks,

Adam :z:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I've got the Corsa Ti's mated up to TPIS headers. I DO remember the exhaust shop having to do some messing around with the h-pipe and whatnot, but all is well. I think that any decent exhaust shop won't have a problem mating the systems.

I agree that the system is loud, but I'd never call it NASCAR loud. To me, it's like the factory system, only nastier. And, what's amazing is that the system is NOT loud when you're cruising on the highway. And, if you keep the RPMs down, you can keep it at stock levels around town.

Open that baby up, though, and it roars! It's awesome.

Now, I have the Corsa mufflers on the car. I don't know what it sounds like without them yet -- but I have the straight sections, too, and plan on throwing them on this summer just to check it out. Now THAT should be loud! :)

-Kirk

PS -- Do the Corsa Ti! Do it!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
KMeloney said:
but I'd never call it NASCAR loud.
Kirk, you have cats, I don't. ;)

Here's a quote from a guy on this board who heard my car at Moroso a few weeks ago:

As for your exhaust...Ummm bro. It was a toss up to tell who was coming around the corner..you or the NASCAR car! That DAYUM CAR OF YOURS IS LOUD!!!!!!!!!! Your car sounds wicked on the track. You even had the guys standing at the entrance to the track putting fingers in thier ears. The only other car I've ever heard as loud was FRCTom's when he did an exhaust change. He actually got pulled over for being too loud.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showpost.php?p=821601&postcount=34

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ah, see, I wondered that. LOL

Now, would you do the set-up again without cats? Or, would you keep the cats, and maybe just run the straight pipes?

I'm thinking that my set-up will be perfect(er) with the straight pipes and my cats still intact...

(I had asked about removing my cats altogether, but didn't get glowing recommendations. Just wondering how you'd do things if you were to do it all over.)

Thanks!

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
KMeloney said:
Just wondering how you'd do things if you were to do it all over.
I would do it exactly the same as I love the way it sounds at the track and can hear my car clearly now instead of constantly bouncing the rev limiter.

For the street I found a really good solution:

Supertrapp Wavetech mufflers. 8" long w/ 2.5" inlet and adjustable discs to control flow and sound. Generally a ricer muffler, but they really work well and make the car totally streetable. Less than 5 minutes to swap them out with the Corsa tips, less with air tools. :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have the Kooks LT with Corsa Indy's Pro, not the Ti...
the sound great and not too loud. The Kooks and regular Corsa Indy's(Stainless) cost much less that the LG with Corsa Ti.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

I would have the LG's with cats. Would it be easier to modify the LG x-pipe, or the Corsa H-pipe? Does the Titanium cause a problem if I have to modify it?

Gotta love it, answers to all my questions. :yeadog:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts