·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I researched as much as I could, but I wanna see if I can get more :D

Im getting race headers with no cats (maybe with) and x-pipe

the usuall price of this Kooks set up without cats is $1250 +-

the LG motorsports is $1500 also without cats

I want the most torque and hp, which one?

also, anyone know if one is louder then other matted to the stock Ti?

I want the most power out of the exhaust without catback, any other ideas?

thanx, luis

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I have the LG's and wouldn't trade for any other brand. The hp might be similar with the Kooks, but the LG's have produced more torque which is what you feel when you hit the go pedal. :yeadog: I also believe the LG's are easier to install. On top of everything, LG and his staff are great to work with and will answer any questions you have. :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Here we go again.

You will see notable gains with either choice. It really comes down to personal preference. I perfer all stainless so I would go with the LG's if it was my choice between the two. Although I went with dynatech for my car.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Peak horse power gains with either LG or Kooks or any Header for that matter will all be about the same. The LG's seem to produce a little more HP/TQ down at the lower RPM's than all the others due to there longtube/merge collector design. If you want a great Header buy the Kooks. If you want the best Header then buy the LG's. Are the worth the 300.00 dollars more. That's a personal decision that only you can make. I own LG's. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
IT L GO said:
Peak horse power gains with either LG or Kooks or any Header for that matter will all be about the same. The LG's seem to produce a little more HP/TQ down at the lower RPM's than all the others due to there longtube/merge collector design. If you want a great Header buy the Kooks. If you want the best Header then buy the LG's. Are the worth the 300.00 dollars more. That's a personal decision that only you can make. I own LG's. :cheers:
Yep, same here :cheers: A year ago the LG design was also much easier to install too. However, Kooks responded to the feedback and redesigned theirs such that this is not as big an issue as it was.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You cant go wrong with either one. I have the kooks. Depends on what you want to spend. I went with the Kooks, just because of them being on sale and only a couple hours away if I ever had a problem with them.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was gone go with kooks, but now hearing the responses basically tells me that LGs make more power, down low, where I want it as well, so If Im going to change from stock might as well get the most powerful, $300 more is not an issue , if it was a issue then might as well be cheaper and stay stock :lol:

so does LGs make any diffrent sound from the kooks matted with no cats to the stock cat back?

luis

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I was gone go with kooks, but now hearing the responses basically tells me that LGs make more power, down low, where I want it as well, so If Im going to change from stock might as well get the most powerful, $300 more is not an issue , if it was a issue then might as well be cheaper and stay stock :lol:

luis
I'm not sure this was ever truly proven. There are just too many variables to really compare. It is impossible to say that the longer tube header will make more torque in every situation. In fact when I bough my new headers for my bracket car this year, the designer (lemons) kept recommending that I try a 2" shorter primary with a 1/2 smaller diameter collector, given the ALL the specs on my car. He's assuring me with will make MORE torque than my old longer primary header. So I'm going to try it (let you know this Saturday). The merge collector is a undoubtedly a better design, but honestly on a street car you may never see or care about the last 1 or 2 hp. (my race car does not have a true merge collector, just a regular collector with a venturi) The people in this thread that are telling you they are the best are mostly speaking from opinion and preference. Please do not be confused by that. The best advise is to just pick the header that has the features that are best for YOU, not the header that everyone tells you they think is best, because in the end they will all give you great gains and are a great mod.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Here is a link with some in car showing the Low end torque ;)

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~jhester/lg/page2/page3/page3.html

Actually it is just some in car Video from our race car that lets you hear the headers with open pipes.

Here are some key points that we feel are worth the extra cost when building a header/X pipe system for the Corvette.

**32" primaries

**3" Merge collectors ( these are a true race designed collector)

**full 3" X pipe

**Included "Off Road" pipe that can be replaced with Cats if desired

**full 3" pipes that complete the system all the way to the mufflers.

**The complete system from engine to Mufflers is 304 stainless

**Race proven design used by almost every World Challenge competitor

**Power on a Z06 with air intake range from 380 to 394rwhp depending on mufflers.

check our the Burns Stainless site about "Merge collectors" and you will see why we felt it was necessary to include this feature. If we were making a header for the Corvette, we were not going to skimp since we planned on using these headers on our race car.

http://www.burnsstainless.com/MergeCollectors/mergecollectors.html

give me a call personally and I will get things worked out with you for a set of our LG headers.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts