Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the in car Video from Road Atlanta 2 weeks ago.

I stalled the car on the start and fell to 20th from my 5th place starting spot. The standing start cracked the diff case and by lap 20 all the diff fluid was gone. Blew the rear end big time with no oil.

enjoy.

Link:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~jhester/lg/page6.html

Right click on incar link and save.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LG Motorsports

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great Vid 30 minutes long :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hey that looks like my drive to work sense I put those L.G. long tubes Headers on my car :lol: . Thanks for the link I watched the whole thing that C6 is FAST.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Wow!!! :eek: What a thrill ride! It's too bad that you cracked the diff because it was a fantastic run! Gotta love Road Atlanta as well.

Lou -- What's your favorite track?

Sal

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Were those Vipers just in the race to be moving road blocks? ;)

Great run while it lasted....

·
Registered
219 Posts
wow! great job lou! thanks for sharing the video-- very entertaining. i look forward to seeing you run at mid ohio next month.
:thumb:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys,

The fast viper finished 4th. When I broke, I was catching him by about 1/2 sec per lap. I think he was sandbaging to get some weight off. they run a 8.3 liter (508 cu in) engine to our 6 liter (366cu in) engine. We have to wind our engine up to stay with them. I would rather run the 7 liter LS7 engine but they won't let us.

The bad finish will allow me to take the 45 pounds of "rewards weight" off the car. I had to carry 45 pounds extra for Atlanta for the 3rd place finish the race before at St Petersburg. It now comes off.

The Papis Cadillac will add 75 pounds for the win and the 4th place Viper adds 30 pounds for 4th. Both of the fast Porsche will take off 60 pounds each for Mid Ohio. That is the rewards weight system that they have in place. It gets complicated but for Mid Ohio Cadillac is bringing in Heinricy who will not carry any weight since it is his first race of 05.

The Corvette is a great car. I personally think they restrict us too much. We carry almost the same size restrictor as the Viper which has 10 cyl and 8.3 liters.

thanks and See You at the races.

LG

·
Registered
283 Posts
looking good out there. Car sounds insane.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Man some balls to the wall passing down hill in 12. I have raced there for years and boy did you stick your nose way in there on the early laps on a few folks.
Awesome!!
:jammin:

·
Registered
47 Posts
That Car Was On Rails. I'm A Big Fan (LG), I Can't Wait Until You Get A Win :yeadog:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts