Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had an Magnuson SuperCharger on my Z06.. Which exhaust would be better? Dynatech is claiming 34-40hp and LG motorsports is claiming 24hp.. True?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Most folks on the forum would say that a 34 to HP gain with any Header setup is very unusual and highly optimistic. Although many have Supermaxx headers the main reason the were ever chosen over LG long-tubes was the cost and not the HP benefits. The bottom line is LG headers produce more horsepower than the Supermaxx headers. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
The hp increase may be close between the two headers, but the LG's will provide more torque. The World Challenge Corvettes could use any header on the market regardless of cost and they use the LG Pro Long Tubes. The claim by Dynamax should tell you something.... :sneaky:

Bob :thumb:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The most critical part of a super charged engine is the exhaust. O.K. there are a few other things to worry about but the exhaust is extremely important. Put on the best exhaust you can find no matter the cost. LG sounds like it may very well be a great header system. Back to back dyno runs would be the only way to tell who makes the best for this application. Are you going to run a 1.875" header?

D.J.

·
Registered
830 Posts
My vote for Kooks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just a thought bbut you might try installing the SC without the headers and see if that gets you the power you want. I am running the stock exhaust complete from front to rear on stock heads. I didn't want the loudness of headers when just driving around. Besides, it saved me $1700-$2000 by not getting headers. Time for some new wheels and sticky tires (Nitto R2's).

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wasn't John Lingenfelter quoted somewhere saying headers make very little improvement on a Magnuson-supercharged motor?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'd say the LG's will get you 5hp more on a big hp car vs the SuperMaxx. They'll also cost at least $500 more if you shop around on both. If 5ish rwhp is worth $500 to you, then go LG. I went SuperMaxx.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
ST1100 said:
Wasn't John Lingenfelter quoted somewhere saying headers make very little improvement on a Magnuson-supercharged motor?
Yes he was. LPE doesn't even suggest Headers when they sell you the Magnuson. It's not because they don't add Horsepower. It's because of the cost versus additional HP added. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
IT L GO said:
Yes he was. LPE doesn't even suggest Headers when they sell you the Magnuson. It's not because they don't add Horsepower. It's because of the cost versus additional HP added. :cheers:
I did it anyway cost effective or not, knowing what Mr. L said or didn't say and I don't regret it.:)

·
Registered
239 Posts
My vote is for LG. I wanted the HP and I love the agressive sound. It ticked me off that a stock V6 mustang sounded more sporty than my stock Z. No regrets here.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Z06Dad said:
I did it anyway cost effective or not, knowing what Mr. L said or didn't say and I don't regret it.:)
I agree 100%. As a side benefit your get a nice sound with headers :z:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts