Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am sure that some of you have already heard that the LG Pro Long Tube Corvette C6 just pulled two wins in a row.

With Me driving at Infineon, we broke the Corvette losing streak of 25 races and won the 7th round of the SCCA World Challenge GT series. We won from the pole, with a new track record time of 139.1 and a new race record with no full course yellows. I had a great battle with Wolf Henzler from Germany, in his Porsche GT3 cup car with ALMS engine. We raced side by side for many laps until he made a mistake. At that point the other LG header equipped C6 and the Porsche made slight contact that resulted in flat tires for both cars.

That left me with a 13 second lead that I just maintained till the finish. I never lost the lead in our quest for our first win of the 2005 season.

I will now have to carry an extra 75 pounds for my next WC race.

THen on to Portland where we put Dino Crescentini in the car. Dino came on board as my team mate for the Portland event. He helped with funding of the West coast swing in exchange for the driving duties for Portland.

Dino also races in the Touring class of the Speed World Challenge series. He qualified his Touring car on the outside pole for Portland, and he just came from a Podium finish at Infineon.

Dino put the car in 4th place in qualifying. This was a perfect place to be with a C6 on the pole and 2 Porsche in 2nd and 3rd.
At the standing start, Dino moved into 3rd place and stayed there to conserve his tires. He then moved into 2nd place behind the Porsche of Wolf Henzler for a couple of laps. Dino took the lead with about 8 laps to go, and he held on for a 1.78sec win with another Corvette C6 (with LG Headers on) finishing 2nd and the Porsche GT3 cup car in 3rd. The Viper of Tommy Archer was 4th.

So we did the double on the west coast. We hope to have Dino on our team for the full 2006 season.

Thanks guys.

In car Video will be up soon for both west coast races at www.LGMracing.com
You can watch 4 of our other races right now on that site.

Lou Gigliotti

LGM

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
:jammin:

Awesome!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice job! The first race I ever attended was an ALMS in Portland...very cool stuff. Congratulations on picking up some penalty weight!!! :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Lou, glad you found your second driver and that he brings funding. Sorry it wasn't me. Best of luck for the rest of the season. :thumb:

P.S. If P-cars with ALMS engines can run in your series, could your car without modification run in the GT2 class for ALMS races?

·
Registered
62 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
Thanks guys.

The video are up at www.lgmracing.com up till Lime rock. Sears and portland coming soon.

LG

Congratulations Lou! I'll be in the grandstands at the start/finish line in Denver pullin' for ya.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
quickZ said:
Lou, glad you found your second driver and that he brings funding. Sorry it wasn't me. Best of luck for the rest of the season. :thumb:

P.S. If P-cars with ALMS engines can run in your series, could your car without modification run in the GT2 class for ALMS races?
The chassis rules for the ALMS are quite strict. We would not fit into any class over there. Although it would be fun and with slicks on the car, we might be competitive with the Porsche.

Thanks

See you at the races.

LG

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Just finished watching the race on SpeedTV!!
Excellent drive!!
Once Dino got the car into the lead he pulled away nicely!! :thumb:

Ken

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeah, I just caught the end of the race as well. I'm always looking for the LGM long tube cars to be up front!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great race to watch. :)

Congratulations on your win!

John.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great choice to get Dino on your LG team! Dino is an excellent driver and a super person!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Steve J. said:
Great choice to get Dino on your LG team! Dino is an excellent driver and a super person!

I agree totally. I could not have been happier to get a team mate like Dino.

With luck he will be our full time team mate for 2006.

he will be back in the car at Laguna in October. We are building another car as we speak so there should be 2 LG cars at Laguna.

Heading to Denver this weekend. i will be in the driver's seat for Denver and Mosport. It should be more fun for me in that seat instead of the Pit box seat>

Later,

Lou gigliotti LGM

Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts