Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fella's...real quick, I have a 2000 FRC, now with VARARAM,LS6 intake, MAF ends(LS6 MAF also but waiting until I can have it tuned before I install that piece) TR6's, and LG motorsports (prototype) long tube headers with the V-band clamps on the stock H pipe.

I'm trying to find the X-pipe to go with it but, LG is telling me the headers I have are prototype units, and don't have an X pipe for them any more. They said they wouldn't sell me an X pipe by itself anyways. So, my delemma is, that I am trying to find an X pipe to work with there headers. I don't mind buying the flanges for the V bands and adapting them to the new X pipe but,....I just have to find the X pipe.

...any ideas as to which unit to buy? I would like to go with a three inch setup.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jamie

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO any custom muffler shop that works with stainless tubing can fabricate you an X-pipe. :cheers:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was in the same situation a while ago - my first thought was to have a custom X-pipe fabbed up from a good exhaust shop but the cost was outrageous...

A better solution is to give Stainless Works a call and have them ship you an X-pipe and then have the exhaust shop massage the piece to your existing components (Cheaper and cleaner).

Bill

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THRLSKR said:
I was in the same situation a while ago - my first thought was to have a custom X-pipe fabbed up from a good exhaust shop but the cost was outrageous...

A better solution is to give Stainless Works a call and have them ship you an X-pipe and then have the exhaust shop massage the piece to your existing components (Cheaper and cleaner).

Bill

Thanks to you both.

I have contacted stainless works, earlier this week,...waiting for a packet to be delivered to my house,...since i'm gonna see if my dealership can become a dealer.

I have also contacted an exhaust shop,...it would cost $400.00 bucks for a custom 3" X pipe.

I'll wait for stainless works info, to see what it says....
...either way, i'm poor :pp: soo...i'll have to wait a week now anyway.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts