Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering mods for my car, I have picked these out and will be ordering in a few hours:
1) G5X3 cam 112 LSA
2) 205 cc AFR heads w/ 921 springs -do I want to specify a chamber size 59 to 65cc or leave stock 66cc? I have 93 octane and will be mostly driving on street occassional track time at Watkins Glen for fun and a romp down the drag strip a few times a month! I assume stock heads are at 11:1 compression.

3) LG LT headers X pipe and cat

Any other suggestions I am open for them!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will put your brake suggestion in the order and also an underdrive pulley.
Looking at shops also for installation and tuning quotes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
dont forget to order a FAST INTAKE and an LS2 TB finish up the combo! Good luck and dont forget to keep us posted.

If you need a shop to install this stuff i know ESC is a good shop and they have experience installing some of the LG cams and tunning them. I think you can have the parts all sent directly to ESC if i am not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
im seriously contemplating that same setup. will you have to flycut the pistons; im trying to NOT flycut, so id like to know. also, do you have a clutch? id say the clutch is more important than the fast intake. :z:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lou said no fly cutting and so did ECS for the 112 LSA.
They will measure to double check but as long as you leave the AFR heads stock (close to 66 cc ) it should be ok without modifying the pistons. :mug: :jammin:

I am looking at clutches as we speak. The mod price is climbing fast! I got more left to burn on my toy! :guiness:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
cool, what compression ratio do you think youll get with the 66cc heads? :cheers: (AHHH i want h/c!!!)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The stock AFR heads will give about 10.5:1 compression. No one mentioned larger injectors. I think they will be needed or she will starve for fuel at 6500 rpm on up.
We will be doing the 59cc heads for 11.0-11.3:1

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
yeah, youll probably need larger injectors. SVO's will do the job :drunken: btw, what's your redline going to be set at?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not sure what the redline will be set at. It will probably get a bump up though. :jammin:

·
Registered
314 Posts
You will have to flycut with that cam and the new heads if you want close to 11:1...if you don't flycut your margin for error (Knicking a valve will be very close).

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
flycut the pistons. Its not a big deal really!

Try to mill the head and raise the compression too, that will help you in the higher RPMs. you dont NEED injectors but they are a good thing to upgrade.

I dont think the AFR heads will give 11.1 compression stock, i think they have a 10.5 compression ratio. Double check early!

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you are ordering everything yourself (Like I did) and then taking it to a vendor for the install and tune, expect to pay a little more for labor/tuning (No parts margin for them).

Here is a list of items I gathered for my install:

TSP Magic Stick
Precision Race Spring Kit
Ls1 Camshaft Bolk Kit
Timing Chain (Roll-Master Double Roller)
ASP UnderDrive Pulley (25% Reduction)
FAST 90 Intake Speed Inc
90 MM T-Body Nick Williams
Mezziere Electric Water Pump
Delphi / Lucas 32lb Injectors *(Racetronix)
Long-Tube Headers
Vararam Filter

NGK Spark Plugs TR55s
SBC 160 - T-Stat
Dexcool Coolant
Mobil 1 - 5w30 Oil
GMPP Gold Oil Filter
New Belts for ASP Pulley
Single Pull Relay (Borg Warner 3151 Coolant Fan Relay)
GMPP Manifold Gaskets
GMPP Exhaust Gaskets
Magencor Wires

Hope this helps,

Bill

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is a super package! The tuners are putting full packages together for me and it will be better than the GP I was using for my parts plus installation and tuning. It is a better deal to go through a tuner for a complete package deigned for your taste in power and driving style. :guiness:

The 500 hp package the LPE had for $5000 was the deal of the year IMO. I will be no where near that value for the engine mods alone on my car installed and tuned. Brakes, clutch etc... will crank me up to a sizeable fee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts