Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to send out a thread for all of those who plan on attending the cruise-in and are travelling from different areas.

For fellow members coming from the PA, DE, VA, MD, states I am willing to lead us up to the NJ T-Pike (Exit 12) to meet the Jersey guys (Don Benson & gang is familiar with the exit).

I live in Center City Philadelphia and we could meet somewhere off of Interstate 95 before the Betsy Ross bridge exit and then head into NJ. It's about an hour ride to exit 12....so somewhere around 8:30 in Philly will work.

Let me know your thoughts - Don what time should we meet at the rest-stop?

George - you better reserve the entire lot this year!

Bill

·
Registered
830 Posts
First come first served. Front lot to be filled first then side rear for the employees

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
THRLSKR said:
George - you better reserve the entire lot this year!
Bill
Bill, You can have the spot by the front door to Hooter's. That is where all the girls come out to lean on your car to take pics. Join the club trying to explain those pics when you get home :D

Can't wait. See you there. I'll have room for eveybody!

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Guys, I will probably met up with you at Exit 12. I can lead the way from there if you want. I may live in Jersey now but I will always be a Long Island boy....

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm getting excited..especially seeing this thread starting up !

It's been an awfully long winter and I'm psyched to see all the fellow Z06 enthusiasts planning to roll.

Last year us hosts (Gollfox, Rivera and Me) arrived early to set up. I was standing in the parking lot hoping everything was all set, when I heard a faint roar in the distance, growing louder...

Moments later the first Caravan of Z06's came turning in to the parking lot, from that moment on I knew this was going to be BIG fun. And they just kept on coming.:yeadog:

I'll be standing out there again this year. Can't wait.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
Guys, I will probably met up with you at Exit 12. I can lead the way from there if you want. I may live in Jersey now but I will always be a Long Island boy....

Sounds like a plan Tom. Meet you at the same place along the way?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
Sure..... Don you too????
Tom...maybe. I'm still waiting for Art to tell me if he wants to go. If he does, then I'm going to stop in Edison and pick him up, so I'd probably meet up with all of you on the TurnPike.

Don

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
What city crossing are you guys taking? I could meet you when you cross over to NYC.

-N

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys,

Just found out I have a previous committment I have to attend to on Saturday (So upset but it's noteworthy) - so best of luck to all and looking foward to many pictures.

Bill

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
well that sucks...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
Same here. We had to move my Daughter's Birthday party from Sunday to Saturday. Really going to miss making the run.... :( :( :(
Tom - That sucks! Now your buying the beers Thursday :guiness: See ya on the 1st tee box.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Well,

My plan is to be at the NJ Turnpike rest area right by exit 12 at 9:00 am on Saturday morning. For any of you who are traveling north (this includes you Backlash), I think it behooves us to leave from there at 9:30 am sharp, head north to exit 13 and over the Goethals Bridge and onto the Staten Island Expressway. I know there are a few Staten Islanders who would like to caravan along. My guess is we will be on I 278 by 9:45, at the latest. Decide on a spot where we will all see you, and we'll pick you as we go. I know last year there were some who waited at the foot of the VZ bridge. But I understand that NYC's finest was not to happy about this, so I'm not sure if that's a great idea.

I think the route from there will be the same as last year...Belt Parkway to Cross Island Parkway to LIE....unless someone wants to chime in with an alternate route...I know we can pick up the Southern State and eventually get over to the LIE.

Don

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
I'm sorry I'm going to miss this!!! Car is broke. :( :( (Nothing that can't be fixed though. Have a great time, and I hope to see everyone at the Mod Party!!!!!! :yeadog:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts