Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my Z06 on monday, the previous owner had put a shiny metal "z06" license plate cover which I do not like. It encircles the reverse lights as well. The downside is I don't have the original black cover. Does anyone know the proper name and part number for that piece and how much they might cost?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I believe you are referring to the rear license plate "frame". I don't know the orig. GM part number but you can a get a variety of aftermarket ones from plain black to pretty much anything you desire. The orginial one is black and if I remember correctly pressure fit into place.

Check with gmpartsdirect or your local dealer can't be that expensive.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That black frame was missing on my car and when I knowticed it should have one , I went to my dealer and they told me it was not available by itself. The dealer had to order the whole assembly, since it wasn't on the car it's on there bill. I can't believe they told me a piece like this is not available by itself!

Doug

·
Registered
73 Posts
The part number shows#5978054. this is listed as frame rr lic plate. 97-02. It shows as a whole piece , may be complete assemnbly, also show 3 pan hd torx bolts 11508879, so if the black frame is pressure applied this may be the whole bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts