Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys & gals,
I'm considering the new commemorative Lingenfelter c6 427 TT 725hp. I'm wondering if any you could comment on good or bad experiences with set ups similar to this. The car is going to be brand new shipped from BG to LPE with 0 miles for the install. LPE will give the new 427 thier standard 2/24 warranty. I recently sold by 02 z06 and loved it's performance with great drivability & realiability.

Have you found these vehicles to be dependable, or are they prone to problems with all of the extra power?

I would really appreciate your feedback, comments, suggestions or ideas. Thanks in advance.
John

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wish I had a 110 grand to under take such a project. Lingenfelter is probably the most well respected tuner in the country. Their twin turbo package would definitely be part of my dream vette. as long as the car is tuned properly you should not have any excessive wear from detonation. enjoy and good luck

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would do it but I am toooo happy with my C-5. Drives like a stocker, idles at 700rpm, quiet, passes emmissions tests, no vibrations, doesn't leak, no DIC codes, and C5-R bullet-proof engine. Plus your C-6 will get some body enhancements as well. However, carry depends for your passengers when you feel frisky. :D You will love it.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Sack Rat TT said:
Drives like a stocker, idles at 700rpm, quiet, passes emmissions tests, no vibrations, doesn't leak, no DIC codes, and C5-R bullet-proof engine.:D You will love it.
What he said. :yeadog: I've had mine for over two years now. It is an awesome machine. Amazing how LPE can build a car that is so streetable, so reliable, completely stealthy, yet when you want, it becomes the beast from hell, virtually unbeatable. I had it out today. the thrill never gets old.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
What they said.

Does everything you want it to do. Drives like grandma's car and when you cut it loose, John Force comes to mind. :lol:

A couple of my riders have been surprised looking at what they thought was my tachometer climb during a run only to find out it was the speedometer. :D

Pat

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sack Rat,
That back c5 is beautiful - sweet machine! Zdog & Muffle, those sound like some great c5z's.... I'm curious about something that may be a silly question though:

In your 3 consecutive posts, each of you has the c5r 427 Twin Turbo, but your HP ratings range from 665 - 750 rwhp. LPE is rating this @ 725hp (which I'm assuming is around 615-620 rwhp (85%)). Why the difference in your figures?
thanks
John

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
blu byu said:
In your 3 consecutive posts, each of you has the c5r 427 Twin Turbo, but your HP ratings range from 665 - 750 rwhp. LPE is rating this @ 725hp (which I'm assuming is around 615-620 rwhp (85%)). Why the difference in your figures?
thanks
John
The standard setup, which LPE will warranty for 2 yrs/24k mi, is about 10 lbs of boost or around 620 rwhp. I have had mine back to LPE for a variable boost controller. It will run up to 12 lbs on 93 octane, and 14 to 15 lbs on 100 or more octane. Also added F.A.S.T. intake and 90 mm throttle body. This deliveres 725 rwhp. No more warranty but still safe setup for engine. I will say this, that extra 100 rwhp is total insanity, like breaking the 345's loose at 100 mph in 5th. It can be scary.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I have no variable boost so my numbers aren't quite as high but I did have the first 3" Random Tech. exhaust which helped mine make the most rwhp without variable boost they had made with my package at the time.

I'd like to have V.B. installed along with a FAST intake at some point just for giggles.

LPE if anything seems to be conservative on their HP claims.

Pat

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Yep. Conservative for sure. I just have a Stage 2 package (346ci w/ 10psi) and it's pretty fast.

ANY real street radial below 85-90mph would be a slip-sliding proposition.

Nitto 305mm wide DRs are the tire of choice, thank you.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
NO Worrys. You'll be the envy of many. Even after the new Z's hit the show rooms. The 25 people who get to own these exclusive C6 LPE cars will be very fortunate. They will be exclusive. Very interesting idea :sneaky:

LPE. Rock solid. No worry's my friend. I'm jealous already :D

Enjoy. You only live once.................. :z: :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
RAnderson said:
NO Worrys. You'll be the envy of many. Even after the new Z's hit the show rooms. The 25 people who get to own these exclusive C6 LPE cars will be very fortunate. They will be exclusive. Very interesting idea :sneaky:

LPE. Rock solid. No worry's my friend. I'm jealous already :D

Enjoy. You only live once.................. :z: :thumb:
Richie,

There are 4 or 5 of these John Lingenfelter Commemorative
C6's sold but serial #1 is still available and the one to own IMO. :D

Best Regards,
John Page

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
21STCENTURYMUSC said:
Richie,

Best Regards,
John Page
Lessee... if I sell 2 of my rent houses.... :rofl:

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
21STCENTURYMUSC said:
Richie,

Best Regards,
John Page

Are you listening blu byu ?

Better give John a call.

Pat :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That is going to be one hell of a car. Also I don't think their add mentioned it but it is the C5R block they are using in the car. LPE won't boost a darton block.

Chris

·
Registered
46 Posts
blu byu said:
Hi guys & gals,
I'm considering the new commemorative Lingenfelter c6 427 TT 725hp. I'm wondering if any you could comment on good or bad experiences with set ups similar to this. The car is going to be brand new shipped from BG to LPE with 0 miles for the install. LPE will give the new 427 thier standard 2/24 warranty. I recently sold by 02 z06 and loved it's performance with great drivability & realiability.

Have you found these vehicles to be dependable, or are they prone to problems with all of the extra power?

I would really appreciate your feedback, comments, suggestions or ideas. Thanks in advance.
John
My '02 Z06 is there now for the 427 C5R TT installation.

On the 1st dyno run they pulled 663RWHP & 719 RWTQ @ 10# boost using the FAST 90 intake & GHL exhaust. The 719 TQ was already on the downslope because the wheels kept spinning on the dyno roller under 4500 RPM. They estimated 730-740 RWTQ at peak.

As a policy/practice, LPE always delivers more power than they advertise

On the 1st drive, they spun the wheels in 5th gear while rolling down the highway.

Just be ready to retrain your right foot.

Call Ed Potter (260-724-2552x1002). Tell him I sent you (John Berger).

Go for it! You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would say get a plane ticket and fly out to see them, or drive down. The facility is amazing and the people there are even better. I doubt you will have any problems with the vehicle seeing the attention to detail they put into the cars and trucks they build. :yeadog:

·
Registered
61 Posts
sweetsavannha,

John your really going to screw up our car classifications at the CART time trials at Pocono and LRP this year. Your car was already in the fastest class we had now where am I going to put it :-?

I'm really looking forward to seeing your car go. You'd better increase your tire budget now. It sounds like your going to need it.

Brian

·
Registered
46 Posts
b91857 said:
sweetsavannha,

John your really going to screw up our car classifications at the CART time trials at Pocono and LRP this year. Your car was already in the fastest class we had now where am I going to put it :-?

I'm really looking forward to seeing your car go. You'd better increase your tire budget now. It sounds like your going to need it.

Brian
Brian -

Just put it in its own class. I don't mind taking home a trophy/plaque for competing against no one.

Just make sure I'm not in your class.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts