Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think will happen when lingengfelter gets ahold of this car? do you htink it will compete with the 1000hp viper venom from hesseny (sp?) motorsports?

he has already done the C6 and got it to 510hp i beleive all motor....and check ouy the new GM performance magazine...they build an LS7 in it......

anyone know where i can get all the specs etc on the C6R???

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
The C6 lingenfelter packages wont be faster than the C5 packages becuase the fastest C5 and fastest C6 will have the same engine, transmission and tunning. Basically the TT lingnefelter will still perform the same.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The LS7 heads are probably significantly better than other LS1 heads except the C5R. The dry sump system will make that much more common, although without real vacuum capability. And the Ti rods will also make that a much more common LS1 engine feature.

Net...and LS7-based motor should be stronger than an LS1/2/6 based motor. HP will depend on fuel (boost/compression), durability, and drivability requirements. How long will a c5/c6 driveline live with 800lbf-ft of torque?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
DavidNJ said:
The LS7 heads are probably significantly better than other LS1 heads except the C5R. The dry sump system will make that much more common, although without real vacuum capability. And the Ti rods will also make that a much more common LS1 engine feature.

Net...and LS7-based motor should be stronger than an LS1/2/6 based motor. HP will depend on fuel (boost/compression), durability, and drivability requirements. How long will a c5/c6 driveline live with 800lbf-ft of torque?
But, The LS7 block will not be as strong as the C5R block and the LS7 head will not flow as good (at least stock) as ported LS6 or AFR heads. So all and all the full tilt C5R TT will be capable of producing more reliable HP than the LS7 TT:z:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
The C6 lingenfelter packages wont be faster than the C5 packages becuase the fastest C5 and fastest C6 will have the same engine, transmission and tunning. Basically the TT lingnefelter will still perform the same.
What about suspension setup, tires, etc? I'd expect the C6Z to handle and corner significantly better than the base C6. A simple power upgrade won't address that.

There's a LOT more to performance than how it goes in a straight line...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
novetteyet said:
What about suspension setup, tires, etc? I'd expect the C6Z to handle and corner significantly better than the base C6. A simple power upgrade won't address that.

We are all assuming that the new Z06 will handle better than the current C5 Z06. I have not seen any evidence of that other than bigger brakes that the C6 Z06 is any better than the C5 Z06. 18"/19" wheels is no mark that it's better. Time will tell and soon I hope. :cheers:

·
Registered
581 Posts
IT L GO said:
So all and all the full tilt C5R TT will be capable of producing more reliable HP than the LS7 TT:z:
Absolutely true.

However I believe the stock LS7 head outflows virtually all ported LS6, AFR, AllPro heads. However, a ported C5R is undoubtly better than a ported LS7.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
IT L GO said:
We are all assuming that the new Z06 will handle better than the current C5 Z06. I have not seen any evidence of that other than...
Yeah good point. I hope it does, although realistically the C5Z is so good that there's only so much room for improvement.

I'm a little worried it will be limited by the runflats. But that's just a tirechange away.

I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to have more downforce at mid to high speeds than the current one.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
IT L GO said:
But, The LS7 block will not be as strong as the C5R block and the LS7 head will not flow as good (at least stock) as ported LS6 or AFR heads. So all and all the full tilt C5R TT will be capable of producing more reliable HP than the LS7 TT:z:
:z:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
novetteyet said:

Tires will be the same. A road race suspension is far from ideal for high horsepower cars. Cornering with high horsepower cars is not fun as 600RWHP is more than a handful for 99% of the drivers in the world. Therefore with that much power it doesnt matter how much better the suspension is the car will still not be well balanced and would be directed towards straight line perofmrnace more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts