Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought of sending their new Z06 to Lingenfelter or Callaway for one of their packages?

I have given it a little thought, but would almost prefer leaving the engine like it is.

What is everyone else's thought about this?

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I'd leave the 500 hp C6 Z06 just as it rolled off the showroom floor...

Thats my opinion..

Awesome car..

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
If Callaway comes up with a similar look to his C12 for the C6 Z06 I'd do it in a heartbeat. The Callaway C12 is one of the sexiest cars ever concieved and my all time favorite C5 look.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The C5 Lingefelters put up some impressive numbers with 1/4mi times in the mid 9s.and 200+mph top ends.They punched the LS6 to 427 so the conversion should be cheaper for the LS7.You know the aftermarket will jump on the chance to make the new Z06 scary fast.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I would not touch it...But my car is mostly street driven...IMHO there is no need (and no use) for more than 500 HP on the street in a 3200# car.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
500 hp should be enough grunt for me. Besides, over its development life Cheby, as most manufacturers do, will surely find some more HP. Just wait a year or two and then buy. Since Dave Hill has said occasional track use will not void the warranty, my mod desire would be low.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I certainly don't "need" the power, heck I don't need 500hp ;-)

The only reason I even considered it was simply for how rare and valuable it would be. But, on the other hand, I agree with most of you.....I don't think I'd want anything done to this car. Speed isn't everything.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Lankhoss said:
I certainly don't "need" the power, heck I don't need 500hp ;-)

The only reason I even considered it was simply for how rare and valuable it would be. But, on the other hand, I agree with most of you.....I don't think I'd want anything done to this car. Speed isn't everything.
I don't really think that you'd gain any financial value by doing a conversion. I have yet to see someone gain money doing a Lingenfelter conversion to a stock Vette. If you want the power, go for it, but I wouldn't go into it looking for a monetary gain. Modified cars take a heavy pounding when the time comes to sell them. They sure are fun though!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
8 SNAKE said:
I don't really think that you'd gain any financial value by doing a conversion. I have yet to see someone gain money doing a Lingenfelter conversion to a stock Vette. If you want the power, go for it, but I wouldn't go into it looking for a monetary gain. Modified cars take a heavy pounding when the time comes to sell them. They sure are fun though!
Agreed. Maybe in 25 or 30 years--maybe--if the car is pristine, it may have some special value, but I sure wouldn't count on it.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The new Z06 to me is just waiting to be modded. A set of headers and camshaft will wake that Baby up to the tune of another 75 RWHP at least. :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm, I have seen the late 80's and early 90's model Callaway Corvettes going for no less that 30k in most cases, and I've seen some over 60K.

There was an '87 Callaway at a dealership locally one time, and the asking price was $40,000.

Again, I doubt I'll do any conversions, but I have seen quite a few Callaways that have incredible monetary value. I'm not quite sure how much these cost new, but even a pristine late 80's model Corvette is under $10,000.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
IT L GO said:
The new Z06 to me is just waiting to be modded. A set of headers and camshaft will wake that Baby up to the tune of another 75 RWHP at least. :D

Oh yes indeed :jammin:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blu byu said:
I believe the Callaway cars were far more expensive than $30-40k.
I suppose what I am trying to say is these "specialty" cars seem to hold their value better.

I'm not exactly sure how you gauge a car on how well it holds its values, whether it's straight dollar amounts or percentages. But I'd say a MINT condition low mileage '87 Corvette will still be only $10 - $12K, which is about 1/3 of it's value. Now even if the Callaway went for $30K (which most are at least that much) that's still far greater than 1/3 of its original value.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts