Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear from anyone that has had any modifications done by the people over at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. I'm interested in the twin turbo 725 Hp upgrade. If anyone has had this upgrade, or anything else done by them i would love to hear about it.

Stuff like how the car drives now and your experience dealing with the people there is appreciated.

I have read about the "hot rides" car that is at this website and i found it helpful but i would love to hear more.

Thanks all
Darren

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Not the big TT motor, however I have the N/A 427 and I love it. This thing is almost like stock with a lot more horsepower. breaks the tires loose in 3rd easily. There work is first rate! I am now debating another Vette or Viper but either will go back to them.

Chris

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
LPE enjoys an unrivalled reputation, PERIOD! As dynamic a guy as John was, and he sure as Hell was THAT, the business continues almost without skipping a beat. He had very large shoes to fill as an engineering mind, but the day-to-day work was/is accomplished by very accomplished people, largely put in place by John and his brother.
The lynchpins there are Jason Haines (Project Manager) and Tom Cress (General Manager), whose abilities are beyond reproach. Combined with an excellent, knowledgeable, customer-oriented Sales staff, thorough techs, and quality products at favorable prices (considering the work is done right the FIRST time) and you have no fears, there.
21st Century Motor wouldn't hitch their wagon if they were being shortchanged, and neither would every domestic OEM, who LPE has engineered work for at one time or another.
Oh yeah, BTW, our lil One Lapper is there, now, for a prototypical 650+ TT (650+ because that's what the numbers will read at the TIRES from 346 cubes on pump 91-octane, with new-design intercoolers and massaged turbos...). Believe me when I say we could take this car ANYWHERE, but we ONLY need to go to Decatur...
This NOT a paid political announcement...although their Staff can be seen in the group shot in "my gallery".

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have a stock block non-I/C maggie, headers, catbacks, etc. done by them two years ago with a ~480 RWHP dyno.

Class act, start to finish. Arguably the standard by which other shops are judged.

Not the cheapest out there, but in this case, you get what you pay for.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
PowerPro01 said:
LPE enjoys an unrivalled reputation, PERIOD! As dynamic a guy as John was, and he sure as Hell was THAT, the business continues almost without skipping a beat. He had very large shoes to fill as an engineering mind, but the day-to-day work was/is accomplished by very accomplished people, largely put in place by John and his brother.
The lynchpins there are Jason Haines (Project Manager) and Tom Cress (General Manager), whose abilities are beyond reproach. Combined with an excellent, knowledgeable, customer-oriented Sales staff, thorough techs, and quality products at favorable prices (considering the work is done right the FIRST time) and you have no fears, there.
21st Century Motor wouldn't hitch their wagon if they were being shortchanged, and neither would every domestic OEM, who LPE has engineered work for at one time or another.
Oh yeah, BTW, our lil One Lapper is there, now, for a prototypical 650+ TT (650+ because that's what the numbers will read at the TIRES from 346 cubes on pump 91-octane, with new-design intercoolers and massaged turbos...). Believe me when I say we could take this car ANYWHERE, but we ONLY need to go to Decatur...
This NOT a paid political announcement...although their Staff can be seen in the group shot in "my gallery".
Well said, Bob!! :thumb:

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll be in 21st Century next thursdays testing my 427 twin turbo with extra goodies!! :thumb: :thumb:

Anyone wants to meet me there :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
403 Posts
450 Rwh

Lingenfelter is expensive, but delivers!

In my case, I went with the 500 HP modification: C & C'd heads, cam, LT Kooks, etc.

The idle is now a bit rougher than stock, but other than that, it is a naturally aspirated rocket! :jammin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts