Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the rant , just a little pissed...

Just got my PS2s in today.

I figure that I should probably get an alignment while I'm at it (tires not cheap).

Also figured that I might upgrade to the bilsteins and lowering bolts since I'm aligning.

So, I call LAPD since I'm only 8 miles up the road, looking for a quote.

I go through their answering service (sales) and get put on hold twice. then on to customer service. Within 5 minutes someone answers the phone (very pleasant), I tell them what I'm looking for and they express to me that they cannot help me, but will gladly put me through to the person that I need (I assume sales).

Within 30 seconds, someone picks up the phone and immediately asks, "can I put you on hold for a moment?", I say "sure".

27 minutes later (exactly), I find myself online typing an email with phone still in hand (to sales) stating "could I have a quote, by the way I've been on hold for a half hour" (being polite, not a prick).

I still haven't heard from them. Not sure how to buy from them or book shop time based on this experience. Not sure I care to at this point.

Perhaps A&A or Guldstrand will sort me out...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I sent Shaw an Email. We see what he says. They normally give outstanding service :cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IT L GO said:
I sent Shaw an Email. We see what he says. They normally give outstanding service :cheers:
Honestly, I don't mean to flame the guys. Maybe I just caught them on a terrible, busy day?

I've been to their shop before and they do some beautiful work, that's why they were the first shop I called.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Shawn is a great guy - they can get busy at times. Make sure you speak with Shawn next time.

Alex

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I'm sure it must have been on of those days for LAPD. We all have them from time to time.

I've had nothing but outstanding service from Shawn.

·
Registered
282 Posts
They were probabley VERY VERY busy.....everytime ive delt with the LAPD nothing but great customer service and product info. Purchased several things in the past thru them...
Make sure u talk to SHAWN he will set u straight! :jammin: Good luck Rob.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Guldstrand, A&A and WCC have been good experiences for me so far. I have had no issues with LAPD's parts orders, have not been to the shop yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
Shawn is a great guy - they can get busy at times. Make sure you speak with Shawn next time.

Alex

Shawn's the guy alright. When I ordered my stingers, they were on backorder from Borla. He bugged borla on a regular basis and provided me with updates on where they were. He was always prompt and knew the score.

·
Registered
212 Posts
good experience here too..

I also had a good experience working with Shawn. I did have to call a couple times as I didn't get a response within 24 hours to a voicemail, but with a busy shop I generally don't bother with a voicemail and call back the next business day anyway.

Shawn spent a nice chunk of time with me on the phone discussing my options, and my order was shipped (or drop shipped it turned out) in a timely manner and just as described.

You have much more patience than I do.. 20+ plus minutes on hold?? I'm a "redial" button type of person.. :yeadog:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, I met with Shawn in person on Friday...

For those of you who chimed in on his behalf, you were right, he is a pretty straight up guy, and nice to talk to as well.

Two things are apparent now:
1. On the day I called, he was basically alone with not much help.

2. Apparently never received my email either.

At the end of the day, I should probably retract anything that I said, but it was never my intent to damge them in any way. I hope that I did not. I was also pretty frustrated at the time. He seems like a pretty good guy and now I'm running bilsteins on my car.

Thanks for your input folks...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Where did FRC Tom's reply go? :-?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wouldn't jump in here except that my name was mentioned.
99% of the time I'll be the one to answer my phone. I'm always available via my cell phone too. It's right there in my sig!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts