Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've heard "Lloyd's mats" mentioned a lot here and on the "other" forum -- and whereas I've heard some good things about Stratmosphere mats, I'm wondering why I haven't heard more.

I've been to the Strat site, and the mats look quite nice. And, they say that their mat emblems are stitched, not glued-on, which I would certainly want.

Am I missing something here? Are the Strat mats way more expensive? Do they not fit well? Is the stitching not well done? I would think that the whole stitch-thing would be a really strong selling point -- but, I don't hear about these mats as much as the Lloyds.

Any comments, either way?

Thanks folks!

-Kirk

------------------
2001 Z06
MY w/Black
Memory, Mirrors, Mats, and Moldings!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
My comments should be taken as biased since I sell the Lloyd mats, but I did bring up some of the issues with Lloyd regarding the Strat mats which I also thought were nice.

The Strat versions are larger (extend underneath the seats). The Strat mats thing with the logo is pretty much BS - while the emblem on the Lloyd mats is an applique (yes, glued on top), you can't tell the difference...so what if it's sewn or glued on? I have had Lloyd mats for years and have sold hundreds and hundreds of them and have never heard of any problems with this coming unglued whatsoever.

The Strat mats have extra thick carpeting where your heel goes, but unless someone shows me that this thicker section (meaning thicker than the rest of the Strat mat) is really thicker than Lloyd's mat, I'm not buying that its any better just yet. The Strat mats are also quite a bit more expensive.

Just my two cents.

------------------
Brian - Y5116
NCM Business Member
Yellow/Black '00 Coupe
12.6 @ 115 MPH (2.14 60' time)
329RWHP/338 RWTQ

"Redshift" on http://www.c5forum.com
http://www.c5store.com/

·
Registered
496 Posts
I just sold my Lloyd mats and have a set of strat mats on order. I haven't received them yet so I can't comment on the quality or any of the other features. The reason I bought them is that the logo is not under my foot as I drive like the Lloyd mats are. the strat logos are to the side and closer to the seats. They do sound like very good mats though.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

2001 Corvette Z06 SS

E-Mail: [email protected]
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the extra thick Lloyds mat front and cargo....

Bob

------------------
2001 Torch Red/Mod TR Z06

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1520566&a=11496079
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1520566&a=11746422
Zaino,CAGS defeat,Lloyds Z06 front/cargo mats,CAU decals,Z06 exhaust plate,Valentine 1/remote,BP Al Gas Pedal,power antenna,Dynamat Super interior,K&N air filter/open stock cover,Z06 TR Vette Rest,A&A frame savers;DS Trunk Lid Insert,interior TR mods,TR painted engine compartment components.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is there a site where I can see these Strat mats? with some pictures?

------------------
2001 ZO6
1998 Trans Am
1993 Z-28 Roadracing Car
--Car's in family--
1990 ZR-1
1971 LS6
1967 TRUE Original 327

·
Registered
105 Posts
Stratmosphere mats look nice, but that web site is confusing as hell, when you go to the mats section they all say qty 1, if you click order, it takes you to the checkout area... but does not let you pick color, or any other options... strange...

the mats do look nice though.

------------------
2001 ZO6
1998 Trans Am
1993 Z-28 Roadracing Car
--Car's in family--
1990 ZR-1
1971 LS6
1967 TRUE Original 327

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nelson - Yeah, I think I noticed the same thing the other day, that the check-out page is under construction or something... I agree that the mats DO look nice...

-Kirk

------------------
2001 Z06
MY w/Black
Memory, Mirrors, Mats, and Moldings!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The Lloyd's mats logo matches the fender logo, red-Z silver-06 on a silver back strip. The stratmosphere mats match the seat logo, all red.
I can't imagine a big difference between manufacturing. It's not like you are going to be running your mats hard like other components where quality differences will show easily.
I think it would be choice of which logo you like the looks of better.
As far as color choices, I wouldn't think there would be much to choose from since interiors only come in black or black/red. I believe Lloyds only offers the black mat for the z06 as well.

------------------
QuickSilver with red/black interior, chromatic mirrors,
memory package and Lloyd Z06 mats

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I guess Lloyd's have added the other colors since I got mine back in September. At that time they only had black with the red/silver z06 logo. At least that is all that came up on the computer as order info. Thanks for the update.

------------------
QuickSilver with red/black interior, chromatic mirrors,
memory package and Lloyd Z06 mats

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Actually you may order any color mat with the Z06 logo - there is no constraint. Some people want to order a Torch Red mat with the Z06 logo to match the Mod Red interior and that is perfectly okay with Lloyd.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mid America catalog 11c. Page 15 has the mats I like. The emblem is centered on the FULL size cargo matt. And the floor matts emblem is low and visable. Im looking for a deal...

------------------
2001 ZO6 BLK./RED

·
Registered
30 Posts
I purchaced the Strat Mats w/ the red Z06 logo. Really like the way the logo is placed off to the outboard edges off the car. It looks great when you open the doors

------------------
2001 Quicksilver Z06 Valentine 1 Hardwire w/ remote; Stramosphere ZO6 logo mats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts