Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just returned from the track. Hot day....85 *.....pretty humid.....15 mph headwind......lots of rice.

I will only say this.....I have a new found respect for anyone who runs tens with a vette and a stock suspension. I had ET streets on....12 psi....stock front SC's.......SCARY STUFF!!!!

I WILL NOT run again without skinnies up front. What this ANTIVENOM built car is capable of is sick and I'm not comfortable goin that fast feeling like I'm HYDROPLANING!!

SO.......If skinnies will help.....can someone at the fest lend me their skinnies for a few passes before I buy some?!?!?!

I'll also add that.....having to be REQUIRED to have to wear a firejacket, have a 5 pt cage, and a 5 pt harness is just INCREDIBLE!!!! I wonder how Mike and Paul feel?!?!?

-Tony

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Tony...is it that bad? I just ordered some ET radials to run at the fest and from what I hear they perform just about like the slicks.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
running bias ply out back and radial up front is a recipe for disaster. i dont want to see any of you guys getting hurt! :guiness:

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Yea, case it is that bad. Its much more dangerous, mixing bias ply and radial tires. At higher mph it gets on the big end it get swirly.

You should be ok with the ET radials.

Joe

case2307 said:
Tony...is it that bad? I just ordered some ET radials to run at the fest and from what I hear they perform just about like the slicks.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
holedgr said:
I have just returned from the track. Hot day....85 *.....pretty humid.....15 mph headwind......lots of rice.

I will only say this.....I have a new found respect for anyone who runs tens with a vette and a stock suspension. I had ET streets on....12 psi....stock front SC's.......SCARY STUFF!!!!

I WILL NOT run again without skinnies up front. What this ANTIVENOM built car is capable of is sick and I'm not comfortable goin that fast feeling like I'm HYDROPLANING!!

SO.......If skinnies will help.....can someone at the fest lend me their skinnies for a few passes before I buy some?!?!?!

I'll also add that.....having to be REQUIRED to have to wear a firejacket, have a 5 pt cage, and a 5 pt harness is just INCREDIBLE!!!! I wonder how Mike and Paul feel?!?!?

-Tony
C'mon Tony,
What kind of ET/MPH are we talking about? Inquiring minds want to know. :yeadog:

Jimbo

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Looks like Tony is gonna be the man to watch at the drags this year.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I run E.T. Streets and stock Z tires up front and it can get scary. :bang: :bang:

I trap 127 - 128mph on the top end and I have had to let off many a times cause I was dancin all over the track. :lol: :lol:

Case, you should be fine with the Radials.

Darwin.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Yeah Tony, don't do that again! We need to meet up before you wreck your car. Okay seriously, I saw a video floating around in here before of some Vette running slicks and stock radials up front, and he lost it and went right across track at the end, right into the wall. I learned something from that video.....

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spinning goin into EVERY gear........with the HYDROPLANING feeling in the front end.....traction after a while, but I shift quick and the track prep wasn';t too bad that day. Don't know exactly why....just don't want to repeat it.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
If you run 16" et streets skinnies will make a big difference. I notice over 125 mph the car wants to dance especially in cold weather.

If you run 17" et streets then skinnies are less needed and will make things more stable but not necessary unless you want to feel more comfy. My buddy has run 9's with 17" et streets and no skinnies for comparo.

If you run mt et street radials, the car with feel much more stable.

Keep in mind that a cold track, low tire pressure in the rear, and getting out of the groove will make things worse. At nine psi the car wants to dance even with skinnies and on a cold track your're driving it.

You may want to keep the rear tire pressure up until you get comfortable before lowering it. Also, I've noticed if I jack the fronts way up it adds to the unstable feeling.
One other note: MAy want to get the car aligned, that will make a difference if its off. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Tony,
I'm bringing my set of CCW's (drag package) and we'll put them on if you want.......not looking to good for me being able to run them.

You want to buy a blue z??? J/K

1 - 16 of 16 Posts