Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds great! :D
How did he address the round openings in the headers that don't exactly match up to a "D" shaped opening in our engine?
Did you think the headers made the most noticable difference or the air?
Bob

·
Registered
568 Posts
How well do the factory manifolds match the D-shape ports?

A reverse step at the flange isn't always bad (as long as the port isn't blocked). In some applications it can actually help prevent reversion. But without extensive simulation there's no way to know.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TPIS header ports on the flange do not match the exhaust ports on the head but do not block the port in any way. I just drove the car 100 miles and it's very strong in all ranges. There's even noticable improvement in the lower RPM ranges which did not happen with the same type of headers on my 01 Z06. I'd say this is easily a high 11 second car in the right hands. The car had the Halltech TRIC installed before I left Bowling Green so there was no way to do a comparison. The headers made a big difference. The weather was cooler tonight (mid 50s) so that may be part of it. Just a guess but I'd say about 390 RWHP. Next mod will be to CNC the heads leaving the valves and springs alone. I'm confident that there is 20 RWHP there without touching the cam. :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Looking forward to your dyno of yhr det-up you have - I am also looking at headers, perhaps the Breathless step headers...

H

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the Valentine

The Valentine saved my bacon at least once on the way back from the Museum.

Thanks again. You should have received it by now.

Jim

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim,
Happy to help. The V-1 made it back last week, thanks.
I understand that you had a conversation with Tony (Tony's Corvette Shop). I'm interested in the new filter for my TRIC.
The car is a terror by the way - getting close to enough is enough - at least for awhile. Regards :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts