Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Long Tube Headers....Who's best and why??

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  FRC Tom 
Hey Frank,

Just wondering if you had made up your mind on headers and what your going/went with?

I like to keep up to date on headers and one thing that bothers me... is that all the one avail out there have round ports and not oval ports to fit the ls6 heads perfectly. you see you decent gains being posted... but still... i would think the light difference in port sizes would still be like nascar fitting a restricter plate... still must a few to be gained from a correct fit. but it doesnt look like any companies care enuff to make it right for the Z06 boys.

don
QSZ06

On 2001-05-17 17:47, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
OK, after talking to several of my Forum Buddies, I am ubder the impression that the Bassani X-Pipe is the best quality. So that is what I will pick. You guys wouldn't lie to me would you?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif JK

Now, how about long tube headers?? There are several brands, who makes the best and highest quality?? Do long tubes raise the resonance level inside the car?? I don't want extra interior noise!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I also prefer ceramic coated for looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.