Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Long Tube Headers....Who's best and why??

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  FRC Tom 
#1 ·
OK, after talking to several of my Forum Buddies, I am ubder the impression that the Bassani X-Pipe is the best quality. So that is what I will pick. You guys wouldn't lie to me would you?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif JK

Now, how about long tube headers?? There are several brands, who makes the best and highest quality?? Do long tubes raise the resonance level inside the car?? I don't want extra interior noise!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I also prefer ceramic coated for looks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have TPIS headers waiting for my 02', I have these on my 00 and the fit and finish was perfect, and I like the 1 3/4" tubes rather than the 1 5/8" tubes on the TTS headers. Coles headers (TTS) are very well made, I have seen them as well. I am going with TPIS for the larger tubes to take care of the heads, cam and supercharger. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

#3 ·
I also have the TPI's installed by the same company as Carl and the fit is great and the ceramic coating really looks good, but the best part is when you put the loud pedal down and you immediately feel the new TQ and HP that was there all along and just needed a little better escape route!!:D

#4 ·
I have DRM Long-tubes. They are coated and AWESOME! We put B & B short tubes on first and then swapped. The shorties were well made, but it feels like a BIG difference. We will have dyno results next week.

The long-tubes add a deeper "ready-to-rumble" note to the car, but not bad at all--I like it. (I am the guy who yanked the PRTs off in 2 days because of noise and resonance--for my tender ears).

Both Coles (TTS) and DRM use 1 5/8" rather than 1 3/4". Makes you wonder huh?

The only real gap left is exhaust. The best systems add too much weight to justfy the gains. Hopefully the new Borla Titanium system will be to market soon!
Good luck on your choice.

#7 ·
The long tubes will work with the stock exhaust, but I would replace the cats with high flow units from Random Tech, they offer a unit with high flow cats and an "X" pipe built in The part numbers are 952720 for 1997-1999 models and 952721 for 2000-2001 models. We have seen 22-35 RWHP with adding long tube headers and removing the pre cats

#8 ·
AHah!! Carl and where have you been hiding?Where are you going this weekend? Thinking of Atco and Burning a little rubber. I'm trying to talk Janet into a pass down the 1/4 mile. With her driving!! Not going to be an easy sell but if she does it selling performance is going to be so much easier!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

#12 ·
Jim, if the weather is good I may come down to Atco on Saturday, I am not running the car do not want to break anything, still for sale and the calls and e-mail are still coming. Let me know by the end of the week if you think you will be there. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

#15 ·
Hey Frank,

Just wondering if you had made up your mind on headers and what your going/went with?

I like to keep up to date on headers and one thing that bothers me... is that all the one avail out there have round ports and not oval ports to fit the ls6 heads perfectly. you see you decent gains being posted... but still... i would think the light difference in port sizes would still be like nascar fitting a restricter plate... still must a few to be gained from a correct fit. but it doesnt look like any companies care enuff to make it right for the Z06 boys.

don
QSZ06

On 2001-05-17 17:47, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
OK, after talking to several of my Forum Buddies, I am ubder the impression that the Bassani X-Pipe is the best quality. So that is what I will pick. You guys wouldn't lie to me would you?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif JK

Now, how about long tube headers?? There are several brands, who makes the best and highest quality?? Do long tubes raise the resonance level inside the car?? I don't want extra interior noise!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I also prefer ceramic coated for looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.