Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long tubes and off-road x-pipe

Who installed long tube headers and an off-road x-pipe? What kinda gains did you get from this work? Was it a seat of pants difference? I figure I can get the TPIS headers, off-road x-pipe and o2 sims and have them installed all for around $1500-1600. Any advice? This sounds like the most logical step to take since my intake is done.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Re: Long tubes and off-road x-pipe

SteveYelloZ06 said:
Who installed long tube headers and an off-road x-pipe? What kinda gains did you get from this work? Was it a seat of pants difference? I figure I can get the TPIS headers, off-road x-pipe and o2 sims and have them installed all for around $1500-1600. Any advice? This sounds like the most logical step to take since my intake is done.
Hey Steve,

It sounds like you're asking more about the COMBO of the the long tubes AND x-pipe. If that's the case, then I can't speak about the combo of the two, since I only have the TPIS's (and not the x-pipe). But, here's what I do know: The SOTP increases are very REAL with the TPIS's. What I've HEARD about the X-pipe is that its effect is more one of "smoothing out" the exhaust note/back pressure, and not so much one of creating more power. Now, if you really had your exhaust profesionally "tuned," then the x-pipe would conceivably help the exhaust "pulses" to get the exhaust out faster (read: make more power). But, unless you're getting into that, then the x-pipe should help mostly in the back pressure department. Me, I didn't have any nasty popping (at least none that I don't like the sound of), and so I couldn't justify the added cost of the x-pipe right now.

I hope someone else can help you with your questions based on the two together.

In the meantime, at least get the long tubes! WOW! :)

-Kirk

·
Registered
464 Posts
I installed the off road combo with B&B short headers. Yes there is an absolute power gain and wieght savings. The sound is great
to me (a little on the loud side for some) I went this was as it is all bolt on and can be returned to stock easily. The off road eliminates the cats and you will need the O2 sims as to not set off
codes.

I hope this helps ,

2Charmed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts