Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang...1st off, let me say that this site is the most comprehensive and awesome `vette site that I've ever seen! The collective knowledge of the admin/members is unbelievable, and I'm looking fwd to being a part of it...

I currently am going through a divorce :( , and own a `94 6 spd coupe that the new owner is picking up in 2 weeks. :(

The good news is that as soon as the house I'm in is sold, I'll be moving into a smaller home with a 3 car garage and lower mortgage payments, then I'll get serious re: becoming a new z owner. :D That day can't come soon enough, believe me...my question(s) for y'all is this: If it would save you $2k or more to buy from a dealer out of your area, would you do it? How far would you go, 100, 500, 1k miles? How would you deliver, NCM, drive it, trailer or train?

I'm sure I'll get a myriad of answers, but opinions are what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help, it's great to be here!:cheers:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Hi Steve

WELCOME!! Glad to have you aboard.

It seems that 2K below MSRP is not an unusual number these days. If you factory order, the dealership you order from can drop ship the car anywhere you say, a local dealer, the NCM etc. As far as I know you won't need to pay any additional fees for this drop. (of course the Museum delivery will cost you an additional $600)

If you take one from inventory then you'll have to either go there to drive it back or pay someone to deliver it to you. That would eat up a good part of the 2K savings.

I was very fortunate in that the dealer I bought from was selling at $2500 under MSRP and I got the GM rebate too. The dealership was about 120 miles from me so it was easy going there and driving home the same day.

You'll have to run the numbers to see if it pays to go so far away that you'll incur additional expense to get the car to you.

Good luck. Sounds like you are going to need some of that until your ordeal is over.

Keep us posted.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I would and did buy from a dealer out of my area. In my case it was about 250 miles away. I would've gone 10 times farther to get a good deal on a new car sitting on a lot vice an order that may or may not come through when you want it.
Plane tickets now are dirt cheap and the drive home gets the break-in out of the way immediately.
The Corvette dealer I bought from was great. They met me at the airport and shuttled me back to the dealer. The paperwork, even for an out of state buy, was a piece of cake. I was on the road an hour after getting there.
Aloha,
Ffen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback guys...looking at some of the posts re: this subject in other threads, I'm seriously going to consider using a Forum Vendor/dealer for my purchase. I'll be starting to do some serious hunting as soon as my situation changes, hopefully within the next 4 weeks. I'll keep you posted.:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
:z: WELCOME :z:

One thing is certain, this is the time of year to buy a new car. The potential buyers are tapped out from Christmas and we all have brother IRS staring us in the face...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts