Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM is calling the Z06 "
CHEVROLET CORVETTE CPE 2 DR NOTCHBACK". That's embarassing. I don't want to drive a notchback. That's almost as bad as a hatchback.

·
Registered
0 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif What do they think we are driving, VEGA's?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

On 2001-08-11 17:14, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif What do they think we are driving, VEGA's?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

In the late '70's, the Corvette used a Vega steering wheel. Oh no, they've given us the first clue to the C6 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
81 Posts
GM has some pair of [email protected] calling the Z06 a notchback!!!! This is the premier performance car, and they are treating it like a low end sport car. This says a lot more about GM than it does the Z06. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well, it's not only on GMbuypower. For those with their "Vehicle Order Detail", look under order content. It reads:
Model: 1YY37-CHEVROLET CORVETTE CPE 2 DR NOTCHBACK

That's the first thing I jumped at when going over the form. I even asked the salesman, WTF is this?
Yes, it does sound silly.............

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
We should complain. It should read (for Coupe owners)

CORVETTE 2DR PREGNANT BACK

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JC

·
Registered
282 Posts
At first I thought that's a typo and it should say hatchback because I've never heard of a notchback, but then again hatchback wouldn't make sense either. I looked it up on dictionary.com and yes the word notchback exists and is defined as: "An automobile having a roof that drops off sharply to the top of the rear compartment." So GM is technically right, but I agree the word notchback sounds horrible. I could associate that word with a Ford Focus or Toyota Echo, but a Z06?! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts