Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Chris,
Looks nice! I like the finishing touch with the Carbotech box. I can't tell you how many of those things I have lying around. I think I took seven boxes of them with me to TWS last weekend. :screwy:

Here's your photo:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sweet Meats :coo:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
What size are the front tires?? Sorry, couldn't see the size on the label.

Also, could you give me a link to the vendor you purchased from (PM)?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ZO6 AL-X said:
What size are the front tires?? Sorry, couldn't see the size on the label.

Also, could you give me a link to the vendor you purchased from (PM)?

Fronts are 275/40/17

I tried to work a deal with Tbyrne, but he wouldn't deal so I had to spead my money else where. Anyway, I'll PM you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gotta love it when UPS shows up at your door!!

·
21,378 Posts
Can I ask what you payed out the door and what kind of mileage you can expect from them. I'm due for a set and I was going to get the F1s again but from what I've been reading, the 555r IIs work pretty well!

·
Registered
309 Posts
ChrisP said:
Fronts are 275/40/17

I tried to work a deal with Tbyrne, but he wouldn't deal so I had to spead my money else where. Anyway, I'll PM you.

Chris, could you please send me a PM as well. Inquiring minds would like to know.........

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great tire choice. Your going to love them!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
jub jub said:
Can I ask what you payed out the door and what kind of mileage you can expect from them. I'm due for a set and I was going to get the F1s again but from what I've been reading, the 555r IIs work pretty well!
I love our R2's they work great at our HP level :thumb: Much better then the Kumho Ecsta MX tires we where running. My only concern is standing water... Which normally we don't have an issue with except this year :bang:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Turbine-Man said:
Chris, could you please send me a PM as well. Inquiring minds would like to know.........

Another PM please, I'm looking at getting the 285 x 18's and 305 x 18's for my CCW's. Can't seem to sell them so I might as well use them with some sticky meat!!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Wow the width difference jumps out at you.
Love those carbotech pads also!
:thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just put on a set of 555R2's, same sizes, and have been driving in heavy rains the last few days. I haven't driven hard on the interstate, but have been through some standing water without noticing any hydroplaning. At first impression they seem to be stickier than the F1's at slow speeds on wet surfaces. I can't say for certain if they are any good at high speed in the rain, but they don't feel unsafe.

I can't wait to try them out at Buttonwillow this weekend.

Justin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts