Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this Millenium Yellow '03 Z06 I'm interested in - 4,800 miles.

I ran a carfax on it and everything checked out ok but it's listed as a "corporate vehicle". Listed for $38,500. I can't see it being a rental. Any insight?

04/28/2003 Massachusetts
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Holden, MA
Registered as
corporate vehicle

05/16/2003 10 Massachusetts
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Holden, MA
Title #AY828312
Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported

05/16/2003 Massachusetts
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Sturbridge, MA
Title #AY828312
Title or registration issued

03/11/2005 4,870
Tyngsboro, MA
Vehicle offered for sale

·
Registered
77 Posts
Carfax I think makes a distinction between the two. If it doesn't come up listed as a rental car, then it probably wasn't. Corporate to me means that title was issued to a company instead of an individual. This could have been done for tax purposes, or who knows what, but I doubt that it was a rental car, unless carfax identifies it as such. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
yeh a lot of companies that are involved in corvettes or cars buy a corvette and write it off as a company owned vehicle, even though someone personally is driving/claiming it as their own

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yes a co. car. Check it out,if looks like new car drives like a new car and the rear tires have the same tread depth as the front 7/32s they should be,its an ok car. Car should be showroom new with 4800 miles. Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Take the Vin # to a GM Dealer and check the service history. :z:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Somebody got their company to pay for the car, that's all. In MA you can have company cars -- all you have to do is have the name of your company and address listed on the vehicle. It's a scammy way of writing the car off.

The car was NOT a rental.

Btw -- if you're interested in a 9K mile silver Z06 with big CCWs on it closer to you, I have one :)

-N

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rather have an '04?

For $1500 more you can buy my '04, bkl / blk, mint (except for slight curb rash on 1 wheel) 5800 miles, warranty to June 2007, clean carfax and GM service history, Chicago area. I can email photos, [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live down the road from George Luddy Chevrolet where this car was sold new. I tried to buy the car before it was built but they wanted MSRP for it so I ended up buying elsewhere. I remember it sat out in front of their dealership for many months. They are a very small dealer and only got 2 or 3 Z's a year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you ever been to GM auto show in motion? They allow 1000's of people to drive many cars that GM makes, and in one corner, they allow those 1000's to beat on the corvette? Well, those are sold as "company vehicles" I would say, keep looking!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
redimpss5 said:
Have you ever been to GM auto show in motion? They allow 1000's of people to drive many cars that GM makes, and in one corner, they allow those 1000's to beat on the corvette? Well, those are sold as "company vehicles" I would say, keep looking!
Yeah, I actually drove a yellow Z06 last year at Epcot Center when the show came to town!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts