Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Texas,

Found an early 04' Z06 and want to check it out. It has a low sequence VIN# and a strange production date for an 04'.

Can anyone point me in a direction on service history, ownership history, etc.

I bought my current baby right off the transport trailer, and put all the miles on myself. So this one has me wondering about the details.

Thanks,
Loud Mouth Red

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

What's the production date ?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
A good or known Chev dealer (or any GM dealer) can run the VIN# and give you the details regarding on the GM history. This good be very useful.

It would list all service records regarding the car if done at a GM dealer.

Cheers!
Bill. :z:

ENJOY THE RIDE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IT L GO said:
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

What's the production date ?
Thanks for the hospitality!!!

Door sticker indicates February 03,
Could not locate the bar code info typically under the rear flooring material. Not familiar with Z06 location for bar code as on coupes or convertible C-5s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dryforkz06 said:
Could we get some details?
Condition
color
mileage
price
:cheers:
Took a real quick look at it Friday AM, it's a CE with 7,800 miles. They quoted me $41.5K. Paint is spiderweb scratched from hand washing/toweling needs a good machine polish and wax. Didn't look to close at the tires or underside, Tail pipes were dirty. I'm going back today and have them put it on a rack for me to do an underside inspection.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just be careful with CARFAX...I've known guys who had cars that were bought back under lemon law...totalled...& have been in accidents...but never showed up on CARFAX!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Send and information request with the vin# to [email protected]

He helped me get all the production info on my 2004CE.
I got his email address from z06ce.com

Be patient.
Good luck.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
loudmouthred said:
Door sticker indicates February 03,

Your are sure right about that. Something Fishy. The earliest date that you should see on a 2004 would be around July 2003. Let us know on what you find. :crazy:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
loudmouthred said:
Took a real quick look at it Friday AM, it's a CE with 7,800 miles. They quoted me $41.5K. Paint is spiderweb scratched from hand washing/toweling needs a good machine polish and wax. Didn't look to close at the tires or underside, Tail pipes were dirty. I'm going back today and have them put it on a rack for me to do an underside inspection.
There are still some Brand new one in the System for less than that. For that kind of mileage 38G's tops. If you really want a CE do a search on GMbuypower.com. There are at least 20 or more brand new Z16's still on Dealer lots. :z:

·
Registered
369 Posts
loudmouthred said:
Howdy from Texas,

Found an early 04' Z06 and want to check it out. It has a low sequence VIN# and a strange production date for an 04'.

Can anyone point me in a direction on service history, ownership history, etc.

I bought my current baby right off the transport trailer, and put all the miles on myself. So this one has me wondering about the details.

Thanks,
Loud Mouth Red
Go check out this site... http://z06ce.com/...... they might have some info for ya.
:thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
IT L GO said:
Your are sure right about that. Something Fishy. The earliest date that you should see on a 2004 would be around July 2003. Let us know on what you find. :crazy:

First 3 came off the line end of Feb '03. The next 2 came off 3/12 with a final OK of 3/26

6 & 7 on 5/29

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
ZuLa8tr said:
First 3 came off the line end of Feb '03. The next 2 came off 3/12 with a final OK of 3/26

6 & 7 on 5/29

Very :coo: Thanks, I forgot about the few Z16's that they made early. Now I'm curious how soon can a manufacture make a car in the year for the next year. :cheers:

·
Registered
114 Posts
PM me your VIN and I will oull a GMVIS on it and get you all of the information you ever wanted to know about your car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts