Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good, trustworthy shop that I can take my 2002 EB Z to. I would like a few things done that I don't have the time to, the tools to or the expertise to.

I would like a new exhaust system BOLTED on that will give me a few extra ponies and decibels.

I would like the car lowered.

I would like the car dynoed.

Any suggestions from any fellow Texans? I am in Frisco, so if I would love to avoid downtown Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex area. :)

I also hear from my wife that Santa will be bringing about $3,000 in additional power adders (my choice). So the big question:

What power adder will give me the biggest bang for my buck (3K of em').

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Nation

http://chantalray.homestead.com/z06.html

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Jeff,

Without a doubt, Speedworks in Lewisville. 972 395 9844 Talk to Dan, the owner. They are off 121 and close to you, maybe 5-8 miles.

They have a very nice shop and an in ground dyno. They do work on a bunch, I mean a bunch, of C5's, Z's included.

Seriously look at a head/cam package which will cost you a little more than what you are currently budgeting but will be well worth it for the extra power to those 20"er's:) The bolt ons, past the intake, probably aren't going to get you the feeling you think $3k should be worth.

RG

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Jeff

You got a problem.................(good problem)

Problem is '02..............

If you had an '01, that $3k, would get you an extra 40HP.........

The problem is, the intake, cam, exhaust mods from GM on the '02, to get the extra 20 ponies, took away a LOT of the common options that really work well on the '01's............

So, I must agree with RG.............you really need to spend at LEAST 6k, and get a heads cam pkg................

This will get you at least a real 50HP increase at rear wheels.....and will convert your beast into a monster.......top end, as well as mid range........

I suggest you get in touch with the Speed Works guy's, and also, check with MTI, out of Houston........they do slam bang work, and GUARANTEE................it for 2 years, or 24k miles............
This is VERY important............VERY.
Check on Corvetteforum.com
They (MTI) has a header there......there are OTHERS, that are as good,maybe better....but these guy's I have heard nothing bad about.
(For that matter nothing bad about Speed Works)...............
Either way, good luck...............:D

PS: Go to Speed Works, and they will Dyno your car, call ahead if you are going during the week, if on a Sat, you don't need an appointment.......BUT, you may have to wait....and they use the Dynojet....................which is GOOD.;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! Very good input guys! I am getting the ball rolling on this next week.

Next question...I am thinking of getting a Borla exhaust system. I want to know what you guys think the Super Street Performance System (with resonator and mufflers) and the C5 XR1 Race System (with resonator, no mufflers).

I really want an aggressive sound.

Web Site Updated!!!!:)

http://chantalray.homestead.com/z06.html

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hey Jeff

MTI built my car 2 yrs ago and I re dynoed it a few months back and it actually made more power after 2 yrs. They also built several friends cars here in Dallas. Call me if you want to chat about them.

Andy

ZO6 PARTS INC.
Dallas Tx
214-228-8782
972-768-9666

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RG in Dallas said:
Jeff,

Without a doubt, Speedworks in Lewisville. 972 395 9844 Talk to Dan, the owner. They are off 121 and close to you, maybe 5-8 miles.

They have a very nice shop and an in ground dyno. They do work on a bunch, I mean a bunch, of C5's, Z's included.

Seriously look at a head/cam package which will cost you a little more than what you are currently budgeting but will be well worth it for the extra power to those 20"er's:) The bolt ons, past the intake, probably aren't going to get you the feeling you think $3k should be worth.

RG
RG--

I visited the SpeedWorks shop and met some of the customers and the mechanics----great group! There was 7-9 Vettes outside and one on the DynoJet. After talking it up for some time I have decided on the following:

TPIS Headers 895.00
Bassani X-Pipe 259.00
Bassani Mufflers 849.00
Vortex 249.00
Power Duct 249.00
Thermostat 65.00
Cags 36.00

All parts are $2602.00
Labor $655.00

Total $3257.00

Of the Vettes that they had on hand I was able to hear the following exhausts!

Cosa Indy's Pro Tip
Borla Super Street
Bassani Exhaust System
And something not street legal that was ungodly loud!!!

Several of the Vettes out there have Nitrous......what a sight.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
That's goo to hear. They are good guys to deal with, no doubt. We can save you some money on parts, I see:) and will be gald to deliver to them. I am up there once a week it seems.

If you need anything, just let me know. I see the Ripper worked out well:)

RG

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RG in Dallas said:
That's goo to hear. They are good guys to deal with, no doubt. We can save you some money on parts, I see:) and will be gald to deliver to them. I am up there once a week it seems.

If you need anything, just let me know. I see the Ripper worked out well:)

RG
They didn't seem to care whether I brought in the parts or bought them in house---fax me a quote on the items that I plan to install and we'll do some more business.:)

PS--I am getting the car dynoed tomorrow AM!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts