Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought another 2006 z06 after two long years without one :sad:. The z06 already has a ton of mods and is pretty much maxed out as far as N/A power is concerned. It has an g7x3 LG cam, WCCH stage 3 heads, Fast 102 intake and wp102 tb, 2in primary long tubes full off road x-pipe and GT2 catback. Anyhow, I would like more power :doh: and wasn't sure if I can squeeze anymore out of her without blowing her up, lol. I was thinking of a nitrous plate kit with a 100-150 shot or a A/A vortech kit with 4.5 psi. Any suggestions? What is the limit of the stock shortblock? Thank you for your help and time,

Allen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well a small update, had the car dyno tuned this weekend and it made a little less power than I thought. Anyhow she put down 566/500 on 91 octane in 113 degree temps. I am really leaning towards throwing a supercharger on there, any ideas on the best one and the safest boost levels? Also will the larger n/a cam (g7x3) be ok with a blower? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
One thing about adding too much boost is going to be that intake. Fast Manifolds are known to split under high boost (they are a 2 piece design) However i have never heard of one splitting only only 4.5 pounds.
At the same time, compression and the cam are going to play a huge role in the power. Some cams are made for boost, and some are made for nitrous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts