Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going guys? I'm looking for a set of heads to go along with my cam. I'd like to have the most power i can get but, i'm not to sure which heads and who to get them from. Here is my set up. Comp cam 228/230 .579 @ 112 lsa, dynatech LT, B&b bullet exhaust, and varam intake. I put down 411rwhp/385rwtq with this set up. I'd like to to have 440-450rwhp. What's the most rwhp/rwtq i can pick up with a good set of heads. I'm also thinking of just having my heads proted/polished since LS6 heads are pretty darn good. Thanks for any and all help!

Tony

·
Registered
54 Posts
WUTWHNE said:
How's it going guys? I'm looking for a set of heads to go along with my cam. I'd like to have the most power i can get but, i'm not to sure which heads and who to get them from. Here is my set up. Comp cam 228/230 .579 @ 112 lsa, dynatech LT, B&b bullet exhaust, and varam intake. I put down 411rwhp/385rwtq with this set up. I'd like to to have 440-450rwhp. What's the most rwhp/rwtq i can pick up with a good set of heads. I'm also thinking of just having my heads proted/polished since LS6 heads are pretty darn good. Thanks for any and all help!

Tony

Hey Tony, I say w/ a good set of heads, AFR 205's you might pick up 25-30 rwhp, but just save the money and go 402. You know that's what you really want.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The AFR 205's are a good head.

I had the heads on my Z hand ported but on my wife's CTS-V we sent to Dynotech Phil uses the AFR heads.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
If I were doing heads? I'd go with a set of AFR 205's.

To extract the most hp the final touches are in the details that Tony M from AFR implemented. (sell you ls6 heads for probably 600? )

That said I believe he surpassed your target of 450rwhp ....and a similar cam.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JBsZ06 said:
If I were doing heads? I'd go with a set of AFR 205's.

To extract the most hp the final touches are in the details that Tony M from AFR implemented. (sell you ls6 heads for probably 600? )

That said I believe he surpassed your target of 450rwhp ....and a similar cam.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.
Damn, this is an old post lol. I'm looking for a good 402 set up now:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts