Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing some of you still have your ZR1s even after you bought your Z06. My dad is looking to buy a 95 or 96. Does anyone out there have their Z for sale. If he could find an admiral blue ZR1 that would be a miracle /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif let me know fellas. Id appreciate it.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
RedZ

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you have a lot of cash, I belive on the Lingenfelter web site he is selling some of his ZR-1's, but they are real expensive...Then again I am probably no where near your guys tax bracket so who am I to say what is expensive and what isn't

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd try autotrader, yahoo, and ebay. All good places to find many used cars of all makes. But remember if you see something too good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I know of a red '94 ZR-1 for sale in Northern Va - looks to be in very good condition with pretty low mileage...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Check www.zr1.net under ZR-1's for sale--plenty there...
BTW, '95 was the last year the ZR was made.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Damn! I just saw a chick driving a '95 ZR1 on Highway 101 last week near Marin County in California. Not for sale, but it was the admiral blue! I'll keep my eyes peeled /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Mine's for sale, but not an Admiral Blue. It has distinction of being 1 of 1 and only "Quicksilver" ZR-1. I had it professionally repainted the year after I got it back in 1992, upgraded the body style and put on a set of five spokes. Could almost pass as a 1996 Collector's Edition
now. Looks great. LT5 still bone stock and dyno'd at 350rwhp and 350ft-lbs, ie. very strong specimen for an early model (built Sept 1989). I am original owner and have all (and I do mean ALL) documentation that came with the car, including owners' kit and a bunch of other collectible stuff. Has 40k miles. Asking $25k. It's advertised on the ZR-1 Net and there is a picture of it at:
http://www.zr1.net/gifs/dennisd.gif

Also, I'm selling a stock (white on black) 1996 LT4 Coupe in mint condition with 33k miles. Still under factory warranty. This is one fast car, what I call the "sleeper" C4. Includes an extra set of OEM style 5 spokes wheels and tires. Asking $24k with aftermarket ultra high end Clarion sound system (must see to appreciate). $23k w/o the Clarion system, ie. restored back to 100% stock.

Cars are located in San Jose. If interested, please send PM.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for all the help looking for one. I have been to most of the web sites i could find but my main interrest is finding someone on here i can talk to about the car. You all seem to love your vettes and take very good care of them so id feel safer buying one from someone on the forum. Y2k,you should have stopped her. If i could find a 95 or 96 admiral blue Z id almost take it over a Z06. I love that color. Thanks for telling me about your car dennis. pm me and give me some more details about the car. Its a 92 right? If you want you can call me since we aren't that far apart. Let me know. thanks

RedZ

·
Registered
906 Posts
Try the various Corvette Club websites...that might put you on the correct path for an Admiral ZR1. There are alot of people in the clubs around here that are selling ZR1s. I haven't seen any Admirals though.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
RedZ06vette, your e-mail address is invalid and I cannot respond to you by PM. Don't you need to have and ending like @xxx.xxx
in an e-mail address to be properly addressed.

NOTE TO SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR(s):

FWIW, I've encountered this problem often. In the "profile" area some members' have an abbreviated (alias) e-mail address that another member needs to know when sending a PM message to that member. If it is not a full and complete url there's no way for an external email system to handle it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oops, sorry dennis. I erased that email a while back temporarily and forgot to reinstate it. Try again and it'll be there. Thanks for letting me know
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif RedZ

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
It's still the same (invalid). You need to enter something like:

<yourname_or_alias>@<isp_name>.com

The "@" symbol must be there or most e-mail servers cannot process the address. Don't hold me to this, I'm not a computer expert, but I think this is the problem. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts