Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been on the forum for a while now but I mostly just read to educate myself on my new toy :). I own a 2008 Z06. I've done minor modifications so far, Halltech 107R CAI, gutted cats and tune. Car feels amazing but it's time for some more upgrades. I've purchased a Panther cam package from Carlos at Vette Air and I'm ready to have it installed. I've also purchased a FAST manifold and 102 mm throttle body that I will be installing myself shortly, and currently in the middle of purchasing a set of JBA 4-2-1 headers. I live in Brooklyn New York and the problem I'm facing is finding someone to install this cam package for me for a reasonable price.

Quote 1: $3,700 no tune local guy
Quote 2: $2,995 no tune vette doctors
Carlos: $1,500 with tune and offers a military discount.

I would go to Carlos who obviously knows exactly what has to be done and the best price but that drive to Texas will hurt. Anyone have any other shops out here in the tri state area that you guys know of that are reasonably priced? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vette doctors quoted me $2,995. I haven't called ECS yet, I actually forgot about them. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks bud.��

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
3 grand for a cam install with a new manifold and a dyno tune sounds kind of high for any tuner including vette doctors......

Good luck

Most tuners like to purchase and install products in one fell swoop. Bringing them products to install is usually not received as well

Maybe have the guy who sold you the equipment do the install...

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
You might want to give Julio at Cartek in NJ a call.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
3 grand for a cam install with a new manifold and a dyno tune sounds kind of high for any tuner including vette doctors......

Good luck

Most tuners like to purchase and install products in one fell swoop. Bringing them products to install is usually not received as well

Maybe have the guy who sold you the equipment do the install...
:i_agree: Anyone of those 3 shops (ECS, VetteDrs, or Cartek) are capable of doing a decent job on what you are looking for on your car. You also can consider TTP in Lakewood, NJ as they are equally as capable.

What ever you do, stay FAR away from Chuck at COW (Corvettes of Westchester)...letting him work on your car would be a big mistake, IMO.:yeadog:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
***edited***
PLease read the Rules of the Road regarding link, etc to non supporting vendors

God is good. Someone gave me Steve Dotten's number so i gave him a buzz and he told me he would do it but he's so busy it would take him months to complete my cam job. So he reffered me to the shop next door to him which is JTM Motorsports. They're located in Deer Park maybe about 40 minutes from me. Nice site i must add and exetremely professional. Guy I spoke to has a 2007 Z06 (forgot his name) and the shop installed his Cam along with other goodies and do a lot of fabrication and perfromance work.

Price: $900.00 without a tune ( i have my own tuner)

This is what my local guy originally quoted me to do a cam swap but someone must of lied to them and told them i hit lotto or something. There loss. But anyway this place is saving me BIG. So i can actually order my American Racing Headers now. So in another two weeks I should have a pretty nasty Z06. Cant wait. And if the shop is a good as there web site looks...I'm a true believer in one hand washing the other. Loyalty and referrals that will generate the shop well over any of those other ridiclous quote's from those other rip off's is how you keep and run a business. Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated with the job, professionalism, and quality work that i truly hope i get.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
***edited***
PLease read the Rules of the Road regarding link, etc to non supporting vendors

God is good. Someone gave me Steve Dotten's number so i gave him a buzz and he told me he would do it but he's so busy it would take him months to complete my cam job. So he reffered me to the shop next door to him which is JTM Motorsports. They're located in Deer Park maybe about 40 minutes from me. Nice site i must add and exetremely professional. Guy I spoke to has a 2007 Z06 (forgot his name) and the shop installed his Cam along with other goodies and do a lot of fabrication and perfromance work.

Price: $900.00 without a tune ( i have my own tuner)

This is what my local guy originally quoted me to do a cam swap but someone must of lied to them and told them i hit lotto or something. There loss. But anyway this place is saving me BIG. So i can actually order my American Racing Headers now. So in another two weeks I should have a pretty nasty Z06. Cant wait. And if the shop is a good as there web site looks...I'm a true believer in one hand washing the other. Loyalty and referrals that will generate the shop well over any of those other ridiclous quote's from those other rip off's is how you keep and run a business. Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated with the job, professionalism, and quality work that i truly hope i get.
Careful about JB's referrals. I think he gets a kick back!

:lol: :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JB? Well the site looks pretty informative. They seem like great guys and if they did all the work their site says they did and do I think I'll be fine. But I'll give feedback on the shop.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I actually never heard of JTM so I can't give any feedback. My suggestion would search out a few of their past customers and talk with them ...finding them maybe off one of the various corvette clubs the shop might know in the area in passing conversation or the internet forums) of course if you got a good referral from Steve that should be good. Price is a valuable factor yet referrals either off the net or in person from those who had work done would be prudent.

I'm in north jersey so I don't know the deer park area. Maybe creme ridge nj is close to you as well. Contact ECS as Don Benson mentioned. I originally didn't think to roll over the Verrazano bridge to creme ridge ..

Btw..Mikez06 is right I get huge kickbacks and that's how I afford my lavish lifestyle.....(kidding of course)

I'm glad everything's working out for you.

Good luck

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I just did a little research and I think JTM should take good care of you. Still never hurts to personally meet a few guys who used any shop your considering if you ve got the time.

Just a good part of any modding process in my opinion.

Have fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts