Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've finally gotten around to ordering my porter cable orbital buffer from coastal, and its set to arrive today. I have to pull the trigger to order my detailing agents, and was hoping to get some input on the best materials, as well as the best sources for ordering.

I'm definitely not trying to start an argument, but I know a lot of you have tried a number of products and I'm hoping to learn from your experience. My only experience is meguires by hand, so I'm in new territory here using an orbital and trying to get great results. Any recommendations for a good product to learn the art of detailing with?

Also, any input on where I can get the best price, preferably for a comprehensive detailing kit to get the ball rolling, will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance. :cheers:

Ben

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The 3M SWIRL MARK REMOVER is some of the best stuff for removing haze/swirls in the paint, you can get it pretty much anywhere. Be sure to order extra foam backing pads for your buffer, you will find that it wrecks them pretty fast. If your pad is worn, you will get sub-par results. I use Meguiars NXT wax applied by hand and removed with a microfiber bonnet on the Porter Cable polisher. Also, be sure to clay the paint before you buff it for the best results.

One important tip for while your working on the paint, use light pressure and set the buffer to the highest speed. Usually just the weight of the buffer by itself is sufficient to do the work.

I was nothing short of amazed the first time I used my Porter Cable polisher. I've used a lot of different polishers (rotary and orbital), and I've never seen anything that fixes defects in the paint as effortlessly as this thing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
detail products

I have been using zaino products and I am very happy with them. Just used some zaino swirl remover on my wife's black grand prix gtp, worked great! Did it by hand but is was a lot of work so I think I am going to get an electric buffer. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts