Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum and anxiously anticipating the purchase of a 2002 Black Z06. Any tips or information that you could give me before placing my order would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Snake,

Welcome to the Forum!! What kind of info would you like?? Lots of Kewl Kats here that can help you and I am sure as a team, we can answer your questions. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

On 2001-08-04 21:22, 8 SNAKE spewed forth this drivel:
Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum and anxiously anticipating the purchase of a 2002 Black Z06. Any tips or information that you could give me before placing my order would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Your first information should be "how fast can you get to your dealer" Every day you wait is one day less to enjoy it(and you will).
Rick Daniel

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. My main priority in the post is to get advice about getting the best possible deal on the car. I absolutely HATE my local dealter and refuse to buy from them. Plenty of other dealers nearby but I am also considering an out of state purchase and courtesy shipment. Have heard a couple of "good" dealerships but always looking for advice from experienced purchasers. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Try the Dealer Experience section, there are mentions of quite a few good dealers. If you need a car fast and don't mind paying MSRP, Kerbeck can have you a car FAST.

Too bad no dealers will support the forum for a measly 75 bucks /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

JC

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-04 21:57, 8 SNAKE spewed forth this drivel:
Thanks everyone. My main priority in the post is to get advice about getting the best possible deal on the car. I absolutely HATE my local dealter and refuse to buy from them. Plenty of other dealers nearby but I am also considering an out of state purchase and courtesy shipment. Have heard a couple of "good" dealerships but always looking for advice from experienced purchasers. Thanks!
What pray tell is the best possible deal? Those who waited until the 2002 model was in production were able to buy 2001s at MSRP-$6000. Otherwise the Z06 is a limited production vehicle, with a big demand. This means not much discounting.

Dealers without Z06s will sell you one at $2000 to $4000 back of MSRP. Then you wait month after month for an allocation. Dealers with allocations sell at slightly under MSRP to as much as $20,000 over.

How fast do you want your car? If you can wait 10 years there will be wonderful deals on 2002 Z06s.

jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not in a major rush to get a Z06 (yeah, right) but I am forcing myself to have a little self restraint in hopes of getting a better deal after the cars have been out for a little while and initial peak demand comes down a little.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Since you're not doing the museum delivery deal, why not pic one up that's already on the ground. I bet you can find one now for $4000 off equipped just the way you want it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know anything about Maxie Price?? I checked Dealer Forum but didn't find much of anything. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I know they could be a supporting vendor /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously though... ask jerboa, she can tell you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts