Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New kid here...

I did not buy my Z at an authorized dealership so I am not eligible for the GMPP Warranty.
I would truly appreciate some recommendations from those of you who have purchased one or know of any.
She an 01 with under 14k miles, weekend car.
Thanks
Aldo

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Aldo, how long ago did you purchase the vehicle? When you say you didn't buy it from an authorized dealer do you mean you purchased it private party?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it from a dealer that sells higher end cars, he is not an authorized chevy dealer. I bought it on Sunday
Aldo

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congratulations on your new Z. I've heard this topic discussed before either here or the other corvette forum.
I would run a search and see what comes up at both forums.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Aldo, I am Greg's son and I'm on this site just about as much as he is. I'm a local insurance agent and I do have a program available to me that I think you would like. If you would like some prices you can email at [email protected] to get some more specifics. Thanks, Kirk

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Pay a visit to your local Chevy dealer that will do your repair work and ask the Service Manager what after market Warranty companies that they deal with are good. :cheers:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't think it matters if you didn't buy your Z from a Chevy dealer to get the GM warranty.I think what matters is if your current warranty from the orig. owner has expired or not.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
IT L GO has the right idea.

The first issue is probably to decide who you want to work on your car, and then see who they have had success with. Not all GM/Chevy dealers are created equal as regards servicing Corvettes (some that move larger volumes of the car have techs that somewhat specialize in servicing the cars). It doesn't necessarily have to be a GM facility, but if you travel, they're pretty accessible, so having a company they can work with is an advantage.

FWIW, third party insurers can be difficult to deal with for you and them, and several have gone belly up over the past couple of years.

Age and mileage (both current and projected usage) usually determine pricing structure, so depending on the situation with your car, it may or may not be worth doing. Be sure to check out any policy in detail, to include who, when and how they will pay, not just why.

FWIW, the cars are pretty reliable, imo. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats on the Z!! As for the extended warranty, Do your due diligence and pick the right company. There are a lot of bad warranty companies out there. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts