Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from the Corvette racing website:

Corvette Racing Sets the Pace in ALMS Winter Test

Corvette Racing's twin Compuware Corvette C6.Rs ran the fastest laps in all four sessions of the two-day American Le Mans Series Winter Test at Sebring International Raceway. After Jan Magnussen turned the quickest times in the first three sessions on the historic circuit in the No. 4 Corvette C6.R, Olivier Beretta posted the fastest lap of the test in the GT class with the No. 3 Corvette C6.R in the final session.

Magnussen piloted the No. 4 Corvette C6.R to a fast lap at 2:02.260 in the Wednesday morning session, and then improved to 2:02.235 in the afternoon session and 2:02.197 on Thursday morning. Beretta turned a 2:02.186 in the No. 3 Corvette C6.R in the final minutes of Thursday's rain-shortened afternoon session. That lap set the performance standard among the 16 entries in the GT class for the only official test before the season-opening Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on March 19.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Cool, it was just a matter of time that they got it together. Hopefully the sanctioning body won't penalize them for being too fast and place more restrictions on them to give the others a chance. :lol:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good to hear. Should be a good season this year. Last season was rough to wach but Petit LeMans was an awesome finale! The graphics/color scheme for this years Vettes look pretty sweet too.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Awesome, wish I could be down there from the race, but I am flying home from China on the 19th, and will miss the race for the 2nd consecutive year...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Dang Mark, you are turning into a world traveler. Don't get too attached to China, don't think there are many Corvettes over there. Not much fun to run an HPDE in a Tata.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since ESPN is televising the ALMS races this year - does anyone know who will be doing the actual 24 hrs of Le Mans? I looked on SpeedTV website and ESPN - but see no mention of Le Mans.

thanks

mike

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Cool, ESPN is doing the ALMS, great...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since ESPN is televising the ALMS races this year - does anyone know who will be doing the actual 24 hrs of Le Mans? I looked on SpeedTV website and ESPN - but see no mention of Le Mans.

thanks

mike
Found the answer I hope? - SpeedTV will cover 24 hrs of LeMans in France - according to CorvetteRacing.com.

All other ALMS events will be done by ESPN & ABC.

mike

·
9,755 Posts
There are actually a couple of ways to watch the races this year - ABC (condensed & delayed), ESPN3 (online) realtime.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I was able to get home a few days early, hoping to be at the race tomorrow morning...

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts