Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my name is casey and im in the market for a used Z06. I am coming from an Audi TT. The reason I want the Z06, well coming from the TT is pretty obvious...down on power, no torque, and is way too expensive to mod with very minimal results...Can anyone give me advice on what to expect going from a +/- 300hp AWD TT to a RWD Z06? Better power, better hadling? Also what should I look for in a used vette? Mileage, certain years, anything...I was thinking about getting one with a few mods on it to save me some money, time etc...I found an 02 Z06 w/ 50k, headers, cams, intake, full exhaust they said a good 500hp...$32k. Thanks for any advice, it will be appreciated...

·
Registered
413 Posts
a modded ZO6 with 50k miles could go for less than $32k - unless you know owner and driving habits ... just be careful. These car run very good and take a lot of abuse and still be dependable...just get it checked out by reputable speedshop.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would consider an 01 as long as you check oil consumption. The prices are lower and I really doubt if you can feel difference between 385 and 405 HP. 5% difference.

I would want to a LOT about a modded car like you describe before buying.

·
Registered
227 Posts
For what it is worth I have the following:
2003 Mil. Yel. with 11,200 miles & GM ext. warranty with $0 deductible til 11/2008,
Stainlessworks LT headers with Magnaflow X pipe and Bassani cat back all installed by my chevy dealer (looks OE). Blackwing intake, Predator hand held unit with custom program, many interior mods in yellow (handle wraps, partition, etc.) and chrome Z06 rims. $38,000 OBO....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts