Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LPE TT shortblock for sale, $3250 shipped to your door!

(This engine just came from LPE, they can vouch for me and this motor)

This is a take out short block from a LPE TT Stg. II 2001 ZO6 Corvette that has about 7,000 miles worth of use. It is in excellent condition and only removed to make room for 427 CID C5R engine. $3250 shipped

Here is a partial list of what is included in engine assembly.

Parts included in assembly:
• GM LS6 aluminum block - 3.900" bore
• Water jacket plugs, oil galley & cam bearings
• Lunati custom forged pistons made to LPE specifications (ring positioning, etc) 17.8cc with block poured (makes 8.8CR with 73cc LS6 head)
• Plasma moly file fit rings - 1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3.0mm
• GM LS1 crankshaft, 3.622 stroke
• Manley billet steel 6.125 connecting rods and rod bolts
• Speed Pro/DANA heavy duty rod bearings
• Speed Pro heavy duty main bearings

Component Preparation
All internal parts are de-burred, hand washed & inspected
Pistons, pins and connecting rods - pin fit to specification
Crankshafts - computer balanced to within .2 grams or less per inch.
Crankshaft - oil holes are chamfered
Crankshaft - bearing surfaces are micro polished

Cylinder Block Blueprinting
Align hone checked / machined
Precision honed on a Rottler HP6 with torque plates
Hand de-burred, bolt holes are checked and re-tapped

LPE Blueprint & Professional Assembly
Includes verification to LPE specifications of the following items

• Cylinder bore diameter
• Cylinder wall taper
• Piston diameter
• Deck height of block
• Bearing clearances
• Crankshaft end play
• Bolt torque specifications
• Lifter bore diameter
• Piston skirt taper
• Piston to wall clearance
• Piston ring end gap
• Rod side clearance

NOTE: Shortblock does not have oil pump, oil pan, front cover, rear cover, or camshaft.

MAY be interested in trades....

·
Registered
51 Posts
what would be needed for this motor to start? Im inexperienced w/ this part of the car, from longblocks to shortblocks, Sorry.

w/ a 8.8 CR whats the boost level this motor can handle?

I already have a CAS TT kit, i just need a motor

Thanks
Brandon

PS, I have a 01 YZ125 thats barely used and collects dust in the garage

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I was just going to post a link, but did the whole post instead...

You would need the intake, sensors, heads, and front cover/rear cover/cam shaft/oil pump (I have a spare oil pump I will send) to make this thing run with your TTI setup. Basically, you need to scavange some basic parts off your motor that you allready have, order a custom cashaft ($400) and get the best heads for turbo application you can that will give the right CR with the pistons in the motor (specs on pistons are in post, so a head builder/engine builder can figure out the best head choice).

This would be a nice complete way to get the best forged shortblock for TT application....the same motor that came out of LPE $39,999 package....

SDB

you can email me at [email protected]

P.S. what is a Yz125? Motorcycle or dirt bike?

·
Registered
51 Posts
its a dirtbike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rob...

No cr test or leak down test...but I can have a rpresentative from LPE provide a statement that this motor has 7,000 miles on it and is in perfect shape, and that I purchased it from them just a week or so ago (I live 30 minutes north of their shop and am a "old time" LPE customer) if you like.

SDB

·
Registered
22 Posts
SDB said:
...but I can have a rpresentative from LPE provide a statement that this motor has 7,000 miles on it and is in perfect shape, and that I purchased it from them just a week or so ago...

SDB
Why are you selling if you just bought it a week ago?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to use it in my Camaro and put a Procharger F1R on it, but decided to keep my 382 and put new cam, heads, exhaust, and redo the nitrous a little....shooting for 9's on drag radials full weight daily driver (although not daily driven)!

I kind of bought it impulsively but I have no experience in forced induction myself, but have been a customer of LPE since 1990 and heard about this engine for sale and bought it just in case.

$3400 shipped to your door! If your planning forced induction, this is the best place to start.

SDB

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'll trade you my left nut for it???

Whadda ya say... Deal.

PJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
to the top....no one wants a LPE shortblock to turbo or supercharge???? maybe I will keep it.

SDB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cash+offers???

Need AFR 225 heads
MT ET Street radials (16, 17)
stock ZO6 size tires

will sell for $3400 shipped...

SDB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no actually sure...it is part of their $39,995 package...I have no idea what this particular shortblock would go for from LPE by itself (if they even offer it this way).

SDB

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just curious how "good of a deal" we're talking vs new. I wouldn't mind putting a better bottom end in my car with the Mag, but would be curious how this setup would effect what I have, and what the same setup would cost me new. Let me ask John at 21st CMC and I'll give you a shout when I find something out. :cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
responded to pm....interested...

Let me know what John at 21st century says about this shortblock

looking for AFR 225 heads (72cc), FAST 90 mm intake and 90 mm TB, cash, young hot chics, more cash, etc...

SDB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts