Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Loudest exhaust/header combo w/ least resonance ???

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Z06ified 
#1 ·
I will soon be adding LongTube headers, high flow cats, and an x-pipe. I'm interested in ditching the stock Ti's for louder exhaust to go with the headers. I don't like the two-tip look, so Corsa Ti's are out of the question. I also don't like the 4-tip Bullets, so they are a no-go as well. I've narrowed it down to 4-tip stingers, B&B PRT's, and Corsa Indys. I assume the Stingers will sound the meanest w/ headers. But, I am concerned about getting a headache. I don't care how loud the car is under acceleration, but when cruising between 1200 and 1800 rpms I don't want to get a headache. The PRTs claim to have no resonance. Is this true? Also, I've heard that the Corsa Indys sound more exotic and less like a '60's muscle car. Is this true, and are they significantly louder than the stock Tis? Basically, I want to go as loud and mean as possible w/out suffering from migraines while cruising at low rpms. Any input or advice is appreciated.

:thumb:

Discussion starter · #5 ·
rpallas said:
I have the PRT's and DO experience a little resonance at lower rpms on the highway. It's a little annoying, but livable with a partition.
At what rpms? Also, I have a coupe. Does anyone know if I will experience more or less resonance than a z06 with partition?

Discussion starter · #12 ·
It seems that no one who has the GHL magnums has any complaints about interior resonance, I guess that's why they are more expensive than stingers or bullets. On GHL'S website, they have a more expensive version called bullets, which they claim are even better than magnums as far as interior resonance goes. Does anyone have any experience with the Bullets? Do they still have an aggressive sound like GHL Magnums or Borla Stingers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.