Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

Looking at the SLP Loudmouths and have downloaded several videos. Many have said these are "way too loud". Is there anyone out there near Denver with the SLP's? I'd love to hear in person.

Thanks!

Dan in Denver

·
Registered
165 Posts
Loudmouth

The exhaust system definitely represents its name. I just put this on my 04 Z06 and this is way too loud if you drive the car anywhere but the track. Looks are from everyone and my office can hear me 3 blocks away. In the car, get ready for the rattles to come alive with the solid mount kit. It is very loud. If you want to be the obnoxious asshole on the block, this is definitely the exhaust for you. I love it, but here in Los Angeles, I have to be very careful around the police. The videos donot do this system justice. Sounds like you are running a car out of the cats with no exhuast. Good luck if you decide to purchase, I love it, but dont think the neighbors would say the same thing when I leave at 6:00 in the morning for the office. I will try to get a sound clip in the car and outside of the car in a couple days.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow....I love loud but don't want to piss off everyone on my block. I'd love to see the clip when you get it. Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Try the B&B Bullets or Borla Stingers, loud but not obnoxious, and sound nice. It doesn't take much to piss off the neighbors in Colofornia. Just moved out of that place (Loveland) after 30 years, I figure they'll have a toll booth at each state line entrance, charging people to visit, here soon!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I don't have them, but last year I think 2 C5s showed up at the SUYV show with them. Very loud. I have no idea if they will be there this year, but the show is this Saturday in Longmont, if you want to come up and check it out.

http://www.geocities.com/torcausa/

Kevin

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crap!! I wish I'd know that earlier...I'll be leaving town Sat at noon for a few days....if you happen to run into someone with the SLP's, please give them my [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If I run across anyone, I will pass your email along. 02 TR's...the best a Z06 can get!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will have to differ with you guys. I have the loudmouth system with stock maifolds/cats, just the cat back and its not "too loud". It all depends on opinions. If you drive the car easy, just normal driving, then its not too loud. But when you rip on it it sounds like a nascar. I live in a very yuppie neighborhood and when im driving at 3 a.m. I have no complaints, just keep it under 2k rpms and your fine. Plus it looks the best in my opinion with the 4 tips in the middle.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I was hoping for. I sold a '68 Camaro recently with headers and Magnaflow "open" mufflers...it was loud when you stomped on it but bearable when cruising..I like the "nascar" sound but usually put around anyways....

Dan in Denver

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the loudmouth with stock manifolds and cats ,not really that loud. Alot of cars around here are louder. But when you stomp on it , it does roar.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a buddy in Denver with the catback system on his LS1 firebird, i don't think it's too loud. it burbles and pops nicely on decel, and sounded really good speeding through that tunnel on Speer blvd. it's pretty resonant inside the car just crusing around though, which i would not want

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ran into a Z06 SAT. with 'loudmouth's', and well they sounded RATTY to me. There are no mufflers per se, so save yourself $$$, rip off your stock system, and weld in straight pipes if you want that sound. Your neighbors will love ya!
I have Stingers and they're loud enough for me. :zboobie:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts