Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
341.84hp 326.82tq. The car is stock, including air filter with a borla mufflers. By the time I drove into the shop and got on the dyno and ran my water temp was 220 already. The guy at the dyno said I he guessed I lost at least 10hp. The second run was even worse. He recommended next time to let the car cool off till 180 or so and I should have a lot better numbers. I just wanted a baseline better intake and headers. Should I dyno it again when the car is cooler or no?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I would get the water temp as low as you can,, by the time he sets up everything it will be back up.

I like to get my oil temp just under 150 before I dyno. I think that's a better indicator..

Ernie

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes...read the post too quickly....definitely need some tuning coupled with a 180 or 160 tstat to keep that temp down.

With a 180 I rarely will go over 200 degrees, and generally not over 192-194...I wonder if a 160 with even more aggressive fan programming would help me?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should I worry about the low numbers? I think the temp went up so fast because they had fans blowing on the brake ducts, this dyno is an import place. I have seen +10 hp just from letting cars cool off and I have seen +5 just from fan placement before. Should I dyno it again with the car cool and pay extra for the a/f? I'm also thinking about buying a diablo predator or ls1 edit so I can change the fans and tstat. Thanks for the replys so far, keep them coming.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mini,
I had a low dyno experience too with a slightly different set up than you. Take off your air pipe assembly that is right before your throttle body and open your throttle body. Put your fingers in it and feel around for a sludgy substance called oil. Mine was caked on it pretty bad and dropped my numbers quite a bit. It's a quick check..Lemme know if there is oil in there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i only got 351 hp 349 tq because of the oil being so bad. It's activatiing my knock sensor. That's why I bought the oil catch can and now I have to bring it in to clean the manifold free of grease and then redyno. I should be around 380-390. Hopefully.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If your interested in a dyno run or dyno tune hit me up. I got a guy for ya.

Nick at Newtech is cool.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Timing is not pulled until the ECT gets to 230 degrees.
The intake air temp starts pulling timing at 98 degrees.

We just dynoed a bone stock '03 with 9000 miles on it and got 355 at the wheels with a 12.9-13.0 AFR.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I don't think my temp was 230 before the run started, but the intake air could have been atleast 98. I wish I would watched my temp closer now. The shop was very very hot with no air flowing in the shop. They did put a big fan in front of the car but it was just helping blow hot air against the open hood I think.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
minytrker said:
341.84hp 326.82tq. The car is stock, including air filter with a borla mufflers. By the time I drove into the shop and got on the dyno and ran my water temp was 220 already. The guy at the dyno said I he guessed I lost at least 10hp. The second run was even worse. He recommended next time to let the car cool off till 180 or so and I should have a lot better numbers. I just wanted a baseline better intake and headers. Should I dyno it again when the car is cooler or no?
Give or take a few hp...thats the right number but to answer your question for optimal dyno numbers your oil temps should be over 210 and your coolant temps should be 188 degrees...

I'd say thats a fair baseline. I would n't bother to dyno again..till after the mods..

JMO

JB

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
JBsZ06 said:
Give or take a few hp...thats the right number but to answer your question for optimal dyno numbers your oil temps should be over 210 and your coolant temps should be 188 degrees...

I'd say thats a fair baseline. I would n't bother to dyno again..till after the mods..

JMO

JB
Agreed the numbers are inline and for now it wouldn't be worth the extra cash !

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts