Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
blown 346 said:
I used the link here to lower your car yourself, and after doing this and driving the car I didnt notice a ride height difference at all. What type of difference do you see from front to back with this "Do it yourself".

http://www.z06vette.com/diy_lower.php
Not to worry it takes a little time for it settle, sometimes a day or so.

·
Registered
620 Posts
What were the before and after ride heights?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
corvette dave said:
What were the before and after ride heights?
To tell you the truth I was so excited about lowering it on my own I didnt even think to measure. As of yesterday there was 4 1/2 inches of room from the ground to the bottom of the car. It looks like the front end settled pretty decent,as the back end is still working on it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
From what I have seen and heard the average drop is 3/4".
Drive yours for a few days and see how you like it.
If you need to go lower, that can be accomplished.
Dave

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
corvette dave said:
From what I have seen and heard the average drop is 3/4".
Drive yours for a few days and see how you like it.
If you need to go lower, that can be accomplished.
Dave
This is also why you don't want to realign the car right away. You need to let it settle down first. Within a week with moderate driving it should not drop further. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I only dropped about 1/2" at first. I think it was closer to 3/4 after some time. It was still too 4x4ish, so I cut the front bushings, and now it's perfect. (About 1.25" total drop)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Alabama said:
Does lowering the car this way (no cutting, just adjusting the bolts) effect the ride or handling much?

It did not affect the ride on mine but others have said it did on theirs. Handling improvements are whatever you want to believe. I don't think it makes any difference.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My ride is still the same it was as well as cornering and so on. The only difference I noticed was my air dam scraping on my driveway now. :p
The front settled in nicely, about 3/4 of an inch. The rear seems to be the same. I want to drop the rear about a half inch and then leave it. Is all I have to do is replace the rear bolts with Grade 8?

·
Registered
620 Posts
You still probably have the correct rake in the car. By lowering the rear another 1/2" you might change the rake too much.
Usually if the front and rear wheel gaps are the same or close the rake will be close, also.
Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts