Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to lower my 01 z this weekend. im gonna go as low as i could up front without cutting the bushing hopefully ill get an inch. but it seems like all the slammed z06 i see the back looks alot lower and i like that look. what bolts and where do i get them to lower the back more than stock???? id like the back to come down a little over an inch. any help guys??? thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Here's what you'll need to lower the rear more.
2 Grade 8 9/16" x 7" long bolts with flat wrot washers and lock nuts, you'll need 2 of each. I got mine at lowes, about $8.

·
Registered
28 Posts
re:lowering car

I had a custom alignment done that included corner weighting and we lowered the car about 1" front and rear on the stock bolts, and there was more adjustment left. And to Chris Ingle-I've got penskes now that are set up with the surrent lowered stance. I ride bikes and a-x with Pat Salerno (he's gotten 1st and 2nd in nationals in z06 the pst two years), and he got well over an inch of lowering on the stock bolts.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The stock rear bolts are 6" but only 5 1/2" are threaded. So a 6 1/2" bolt will give you about a 2" drop from stock.
You can only get about an inch or a little more drop in the front so you don't need real long bolts in the rear if you want to maintain the correct rake.
I am almost positive the stock rear bolts on my Z were 1/2" diameter. I will check if you want.
Be sure the nuts you get aren't the self locking ones that aren't reusable. I used the nylock ones which are reusable.
Dave

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I lowered mine the max on the bolts, and wasn't too happy. That is. it still was too high. A couple of weeks ago I cut the bushings, got about a total drop of 1.25 including the cut. It's just about right now for my tastes, but I've seen lots of guys take the rear lower. I don't like that look, but to each his own.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm on coilovers, and the car has been scaled. The car has been dropped 1.75"...very low. Looks awesome and handles great but must be careful on driveways.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I dropped mine 1" on stock bolts. Any lower and I couldn't make it out of my development. Yep, a speed bump. With frame rails, I could probably fit a piece of paper between them at the moment, but it would be close. Any lower and I'm dragging the rails every time I leave and come home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts