Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of lowering my car but don't want to sacrifice to much ride comfort. There seem to be so many steep drives/entrances around here so I don't want to bruise my nose.
So does anyone out there know of the "best of both worlds ride hieght for a 2002". Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've had mine lowered for over a year and just lowered Sherylann's last Monday. I took them both down as far as they would go without cutting bushings. There was no noticeable differencein the ride or handling. They will only lower about 3/4"-1" without cutting bushings.

I have a How-To that I am putting together with pictures. It's really pretty easy to lower, especially if you have a lift.

·
Registered
644 Posts
There was a post earlier on lifts for around $1200.00, can someone post the link or thread again? thx.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I lowered my '99 coupe 1 1/4". The ride was noticeably harsher.
I lowered my Z06 also 1 1/4" by cutting the front bushings and longer rear bolts.
I am with Frank on this one. I could tell no difference in the ride quality of the Z before or after. The ride is better than the '99.
I suggest lowering as far as the stock adjusters will allow and drive it for a few weeks. See how you like it. Then adjust from there. Be sure to count threads on the bolts when you change the height in case you want to return to stock (or measure the height).
Dave

·
Registered
878 Posts
I just lowered mine last Saturday. Piece of cake. But stock lowering was not low enough in the back for me. Front was fine. I'm at 26.75" from wheel well to ground in the front.

I went to hardware store and bought grade #8 bolts lock nuts and washers.

The bolts you want are 1/2" x 7", lock nuts are c-top lock nuts, not the nylon lock nuts (NOT Nylock), you also want some thick 2" washers. Total cost was about $10.00.

Back is now 27.25".. car looks level with me in it..

·
Registered
945 Posts
thx2.net said:
I just lowered mine last Saturday. Piece of cake. But stock lowering was not low enough in the back for me. Front was fine. I'm at 26.75" from wheel well to ground in the front.

I wend to hardware store and bought grade #8 bolts lock nuts and washers.

The bolts you want are 1/2" x 7", lock nuts are c-top lock nuts, not the nylon lock nuts (NOT Nylock), you also want some thick 2" washers. Total cost was about $10.00.

Back is now 27.25".. car looks level with me in it..
Actually, the proper size is 9/16 but they are so hard to find most people use 1/2" :cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Frank,

I'm thinking of doing the same.

How'd the ride change?
Did you have an alignment done?:

guiness:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good question sdz06.

If you lower the car by adjusting the bolt/nut to the maximum run-out or until in contact with the "bushings" does the car then require a camber adjustment?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts