Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was only able to get 2 3/4 turns on the front adjusters while I got 5 1/2 on the rears.
I DID relieve the tension on the spring. The adjusting bolts were sticking up quite far to begin with. The car wasn't lowered previously either.
The 1st 2 turns were easy, then the last 3/4 was VERY difficult. The rears were no problem.
Any thoughts???
Thanks!
Ron

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sounds like you did fine. The difference between the amount of turns between from and back is normal. :cheers:

·
21,355 Posts
That's weird. It usually starts out difficult to turn the adjusters and it gets easier the more you back them out. :screwy:

·
Registered
853 Posts
I do wonder why ya'all do that..Darn cars already drag on a lot of road crap...But different strokes :cheers:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
I do wonder why ya'all do that..Darn cars already drag on a lot of road crap...But different strokes :cheers:
If you have to ask, you don't understand. :rofl:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I lowered my car today. The fronts were fine but the rears were almost impossible to turn. The rears were also completely turned in when I started!! I lost count of how many turns I came out, but they were very difficult to turn. the fronts started tough but became easy as i went

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Ron,

What's the matter...couldn't wait until the 21st to do this? Spielka's? :lol:

Now your drag tires won't fit under the car, so you'll have to get 16" ET streets and skinnies up front. :D j/k

Don

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
I was only able to get 2 3/4 turns on the front adjusters while I got 5 1/2 on the rears.
I DID relieve the tension on the spring. The adjusting bolts were sticking up quite far to begin with. The car wasn't lowered previously either.
The 1st 2 turns were easy, then the last 3/4 was VERY difficult. The rears were no problem.
Any thoughts???
Thanks!
Ron
Sounds about right, ronnie. All cars were different when we lowered about 10 of em. Toms car was the worst. It was so out of wack.And he bought it brand new. The rears I think were lowered all the way and the fronts were as high as possible. We can check it on the 21st.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can someone tell me which direction to turn the bolts on the front. Clockwise or counterclockwise. I am wanting to lower the front all the way with the bolts and just alittle in the rear.

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
ZO-SICK said:
Can someone tell me which direction to turn the bolts on the front. Clockwise or counterclockwise. I am wanting to lower the front all the way with the bolts and just alittle in the rear.

Thanks
Sam
Looking down from the top, you want to turn the bolt counter clockwise.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Looking down from the top, you want to turn the bolt counter clockwise.
Counter Clockwise is Counter Clockwise regardless of the viewpoint :p

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
IT L GO said:
That is, unless it's digital! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
Lower CG, better handling, awesome looks...

·
Registered
234 Posts
IT L GO said:

I think i know what you meant, but if one was lying on his back facing the underneath of the car, counterclockwise turning would be clockwise turning if you were looking down on it from above the fender looking down at the ground. sorry for getting too wordy. lol :rofl:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys.
Don-I got up early today & had to be in work late, so I figured I try it. Plus, I didn't want to monopolize the mods on the 21st, as I'm still getting the ceramic pads installed though.I like to try things on my car. Sunday I swapped out the front speakers to Alpines. It was pretty easy.
Rob- I planned on having someone check it out on the 21st.
For some reason the fronts turned easily, but then stopped. The rears turned fairly easily as well.
So, should I correct the rears to match the fronts or just leave it alone?
Ron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts