Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I still haven't figured out my digital camera, But I promise to work on it this weekend!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My QS is down 1.5", and it looks soooooo much better. I haven't encountered any problems so far.....7,500 miles.

If you go this route, invest in A&A's Frame Savers, and Rocker Rails. Andy Green is the Owner of A&A Engines, and is a Vendor on this site. I know him personally and find him to be very knowledgeable and a kewl dude /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HTH,
01ZEE06
Barry

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
QS Boy,

You need to be careful entering and leaving driveways, speedbumps, drainways, roughroads, etc. Always go real slow and cross at a 45 degree angle. After a while it becomes second nature. But then again I'm the type of driver who concentrates 110%(Cause I've only got a 90% brain and tend to do stupid stuff if I get distracted, or go on "auto pilot"). /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The A&A Frame Savers are little wheels under the "chin" of your front end, just in front of the air dam, attached to the visable part of the frame with bolts, or you can weld 'em on. They take the brunt of any contact and save the front portion of the frame(which is very expensive to fix). Andy Green wrecked his front frame and developed the Frame Saver for his car, and now offers it to all. From the home page of this site click onto Preferred Vendors, and then click onto A&A Engines. I think he has a picture or two of 'em. BTW, even though you really have to look to see 'em, I think they look kewl!! To show you how they work, you can lift the front of your Vette almost an inch-try it!! Of course the left and right side of your air dam is flexible rubber and it will push up out of the way for about 2-3". The center of the damn is hinged to rotate in either direction also 2-3" out of harms way. Everyone notices the occasional "rubbing," but it doesn't damage the car.

The Rail Rockers are T6061 aluminum(as strong as steel, but 1/2 the weight) strips about an inch wide, and are mounted under your "rockers" along the underside of the panel below the doors, out of sight. They run the length of the car from behind the front tire to the front of the rear tire. They are attached to the frame with small machine screws. You need to drill 4 small holes and tap them for the screws. The screws have heads like wood screws, and are counter sunk into the aluminum strip so they don't stick out above the flat part of the strip. Andy works on a lot of Corvettes and says he's never seen one without at least some scrapping marks. I've drug my frame twice entering steep driveways and was very thankful I had my Rocker Rails on. BTW, they stick out about 1/4 inch below the frame, and drilling those small holes in no way weakens the frame!!

HTH<
01ZEE06
Barry

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Frank,

You have great taste in car color!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And, it looks soooooo much better than the stock 4x4 look!!

I just gotta figure out that damn camera this weekend /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif Then everyone can see what she looks like as low as I dare go /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Barry

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

On 2001-08-15 06:31, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Lowered as far as it would go without cutting bushings.

I take it that this is lowered about 15mm, which is what GM recommends for 'performance' ride heigth. I think that's the route I'm going to go -- looks alot better than stock ride heigth IMO /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, and probably posses no real scraping problems for street driving.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
fcalmes -- I've read all the DIY lowering write-ups, and it's still alittle confusing
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif to me. Is what you did simply turning the adjusting rods to their lowest ride height position -- no bushing cutting or other messing around involved?? If so, it sounds like a pretty easy adjustment. Any comments on the procedure would be great /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

BTW -- did you go get the wheel aglignment checked afterwards. Was wondering if it was still in spec or needed adjustment.

·
Registered
0 Posts
OhSix,

It was very simple to lower, although my buddy Black Magic did it for me. We just turned the adjustment bolts and that was it.

I didn't get it aligned, although I probably should have. I haven't seen any abnormal tire wear. Black Magic drove his for a year before he had it aligned, and he had no abnormal tire wear either. Handling and ride feels just like stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts