Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:guiness: I just lowered the front of my Z last week all the way on stock bolts with out cutting the bushings. I decided it was not low enough so two days later I cut 1/3 of the bushings off and still two days later It still looks the same. Today I cut 2/3 off and I swear It has not made a difference still approx. 26 5/8" +-from ground to fender!?!? :-? The only thing else I know to do is remove the lowering bolt itself but I am not going that far. :crazy: How long does it take to "settle" before it reaches it's lowered point and what is it that has to settle, the shocks? Anyone have any idea? Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I lowered mine, it settled down after taking it for a spin. I have heard some settle at different intervals, just whenever all of the suspension has been worked around enough to get out all of the "kinks" of the new ride height of the spring, bushings, etc...

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
:guiness: I just lowered the front of my Z last week all the way on stock bolts with out cutting the bushings. I decided it was not low enough so two days later I cut 1/3 of the bushings off and still two days later It still looks the same. Today I cut 2/3 off and I swear It has not made a difference still approx. 26 5/8" +-from ground to fender!?!? :-? The only thing else I know to do is remove the lowering bolt itself but I am not going that far. :crazy: How long does it take to "settle" before it reaches it's lowered point and what is it that has to settle, the shocks? Anyone have any idea? Thanks. :cheers:
It took mine a couple of days of driving around before I noticed the total drop. I did not go as far as you because the roads here suck and I scrape as it is on speed bumps and driveways. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Give it a little more time, it will drop. You did turn the bolts counterclockwise? :z:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IT L GO said:
Give it a little more time, it will drop. You did turn the bolts counterclockwise? :z:
Yes Sir, counter clockwise to lower :thumb:
Congratulations on 12,000 posts Master!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine pretty much dropped as much as it was going to about 30-45mins after i cut bushing in the front and cut bushing in the rear. Make sure you tightened the front bolt all the way up, if you didnt there is no point in cutting the bushing since the bolt is still puhing againts the leaf spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts