Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or know where to find the suspension lowering procedure using the factory setup?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but the video was very vague. Was wondering if there was something more detailed in print.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
IMA Z06 said:
Vett,

They explain how to lower in the video you rec'd with the Z...................
They just say it can be done, not exactly how to do it :D.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Very easy to do. If I remember correctly,you need a 10 mm socket,preferably a flex handle rachet,and you turn the front bolts counter-clockwise( turn them up "into" the spring.)They will only turn so far, and they will bottom out.On the rear, you turn them counter-clockwise also, but you are lengthening the bolts by "backing off" the nuts. There are two clips to stop the nuts from backing off. Do not bend these( they are very fragile),but you can back the nuts off till they almost touch. Take accurate measurements before and after. I know the frt you can do without even jacking up the car. Not sure withthe rear, but very easy on a lift. Happy Lowering! ;)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
If my memory serves me (most times it doesn't), I'm pretty sure jnation lowered his too. I'd give him a holler.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Mark

The dealer can do it. If you have a good front end specialty shop in your area, they could probably handle it also.I would ask around. Talk to some of the local "High Performance/Car enthusiasts. Found out who has a good "front end man". Good luck. As low as my car is, the alignment wasn't off enough to cause any tire wear. So it isn't urgent.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Alignment after lowering?

I lowered my Z06 about 7/8" front and 3/4" rear. To get that much in the front or rear you must remove the bolts and cut off one of the rubber cushions. This requires taking apart a bunch of pieces in the front.

After lowering that amount, the rear negative camber had not increased that much, so I did not change it. The front however picked up a lot of negative camber, so I removed some. That made it necessary to adjust toe. (I do alignment myself, its easy.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts